Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: I cannot download Bromeon::Thor  (Read 3340 times)

magneonx

• MSN Messenger - magnumneon04@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
I cannot download Bromeon::Thor
« on: January 10, 2014, 05:50:06 pm »
I went to the site download the file from github but when I build it is says particular error on the lib source file itself. I could fix it somehow but I just don't want to fiddle with the library source code. So I know that is being currently developed. Or I might be wrong.

Somehow I went and I wanted to download the version 1.1. But it download only few kb, I am using opera by the way. I cannot open the downloaded Thor 1.1 using 7z app which says it can open file archive etc. etc.

Is there any link available? Mirrors etc?

I am not able to check this post for awhile now I might return to this post tomorrow. Any links to download of actual source code could be great!(I cannot find the master copies of previous version of Thor in github, having difficulty navigating on that site.) :)

Thanks!

Information:
Using Opera
SFML 2.1
MinGW GCC 4.8.1 (i686-w64-mingw32) provided by exploiter

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: I cannot download Bromeon::Thor
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 06:50:39 pm »
SFML 2.1 is not compatible with Thor 1.1, this version was released before SFML 2.0. Your options are:
  • SFML master + Thor master (recommended)
  • SFML 2.1 + Thor commit f57666d
Refer to the GitHub repository as described on the download page. You have to download the repository, either through a Git client or using the Zip archive. Once you downloaded it, follow the installation tutorial on my site to know how to build Thor.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

magneonx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 06:29:11 pm »
Oh thanks! I just got back, and yes I have downloaded the source, or the master file of SFML if that is what you call it. When I build your Thor library it tells particular line cannot compile because of wrong type when divide sf::Time where in fact it divides sf::Vector I cannot recall, but something like that. It is on implementation of operator/= if I can recall on a class. It is a syntax error. Not on the part of the building the source files.

But pretty much it is not a concern at all, knowing I could just download the binary files, I am wrong. So yeah, maybe I try to rebuild it one more time and get back to that error and post it here.

magneonx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 06:38:34 pm »
So here is the error, I downloaded the src and build it using cmake along with my SFML 2.1 and here is what it throws at me:

||=== thor, all ===|
C:\libraries\Thor\branches\Thor-master\src\Particle.cpp||In function 'float thor::getElapsedRatio(const thor::Particle&)':|
C:\libraries\Thor\branches\Thor-master\src\Particle.cpp|62|error: no match for 'operator/' (operand types are 'sf::Time' and 'sf::Time')|
C:\libraries\Thor\branches\Thor-master\src\Particle.cpp|62|note: candidates are:|
C:\libraries\SFML\branches\SFML2.1\include\SFML\System\Vector2.inl|131|note: template<class T> sf::Vector2<T> sf::operator/(const sf::Vector2<T>&, T)|
C:\libraries\SFML\branches\SFML2.1\include\SFML\System\Vector2.inl|131|note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:|
C:\libraries\Thor\branches\Thor-master\src\Particle.cpp|62|note:   'sf::Time' is not derived from 'const sf::Vector2<T>'|
C:\libraries\SFML\branches\SFML2.1\include\SFML\System\Time.hpp|376|note: sf::Time sf::operator/(sf::Time, sf::Int64)|
C:\libraries\SFML\branches\SFML2.1\include\SFML\System\Time.hpp|376|note:   no known conversion for argument 2 from 'sf::Time' to 'sf::Int64 {aka long long int}'|
C:\libraries\SFML\branches\SFML2.1\include\SFML\System\Time.hpp|364|note: sf::Time sf::operator/(sf::Time, float)|
C:\libraries\SFML\branches\SFML2.1\include\SFML\System\Time.hpp|364|note:   no known conversion for argument 2 from 'sf::Time' to 'float'|
C:\libraries\Thor\branches\Thor-master\src\Particle.cpp||In function 'float thor::getRemainingRatio(const thor::Particle&)':|
C:\libraries\Thor\branches\Thor-master\src\Particle.cpp|67|error: no match for 'operator/' (operand types are 'sf::Time' and 'sf::Time')|
C:\libraries\Thor\branches\Thor-master\src\Particle.cpp|67|note: candidates are:|
C:\libraries\SFML\branches\SFML2.1\include\SFML\System\Vector2.inl|131|note: template<class T> sf::Vector2<T> sf::operator/(const sf::Vector2<T>&, T)|
C:\libraries\SFML\branches\SFML2.1\include\SFML\System\Vector2.inl|131|note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:|
C:\libraries\Thor\branches\Thor-master\src\Particle.cpp|67|note:   'sf::Time' is not derived from 'const sf::Vector2<T>'|
C:\libraries\SFML\branches\SFML2.1\include\SFML\System\Time.hpp|376|note: sf::Time sf::operator/(sf::Time, sf::Int64)|
C:\libraries\SFML\branches\SFML2.1\include\SFML\System\Time.hpp|376|note:   no known conversion for argument 2 from 'sf::Time' to 'sf::Int64 {aka long long int}'|
C:\libraries\SFML\branches\SFML2.1\include\SFML\System\Time.hpp|364|note: sf::Time sf::operator/(sf::Time, float)|
C:\libraries\SFML\branches\SFML2.1\include\SFML\System\Time.hpp|364|note:   no known conversion for argument 2 from 'sf::Time' to 'float'|
src\CMakeFiles\thor.dir\build.make|465|recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/thor.dir/Particle.cpp.obj' failed|
CMakeFiles\Makefile2|77|recipe for target 'src/CMakeFiles/thor.dir/all' failed|
C:\libraries\Thor\branches\Thor-build\Makefile|115|recipe for target 'all' failed|
||=== Build finished: 5 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 13 seconds) ===|

First thing, since I am using Cmake to build files automagically with SFML 2.1 it actually looks for the SFML 2.1 directory which I think somehow the cmake files on SFML 2.1 master file I have downloaded was not updated accordingly, but this can be fixed easily by adding entries on Cmake:

CMAKE_MODULE_PATH and assigning here the SFML/Module/ directory and
SFML_ROOT and assigning here SFML/'s root directory and finally I removed the entry on CMAKE the SFML_DIR that causes building to fail.

I hope this information doesn't mess up with the building process? I am compiling Thor source on code::blocks and that what it throws at me. I am lost at this point...

Thank you!

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 07:07:40 pm »
I just got back, and yes I have downloaded the source, or the master file of SFML if that is what you call it.
It's not an invention of mine, "master" is the branch (not file) on GitHub that points to the most recent development version. Do not download a package from the SFML homepage, use GitHub. Same for Thor. Then you won't have the division error.

But pretty much it is not a concern at all, knowing I could just download the binary files
You can't. I don't provide binaries for Thor 2.0 yet (because the version has not been released), and the Nightly builds are outdated. So, if you want a recent version, you have to build it from source.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

magneonx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 07:21:07 pm »
hmm yeah, I think I done that github thingy on Thor. I see now, I downloaded src from the download page! That causes this problem. So I have to build it again with the one on github's for SFML too.

Thank you so much for that info!

anything