Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Global Game Jam - Me, Myself, Myself and Eye.  (Read 3357 times)

datMoka

• Wooo!
    • View Profile
Global Game Jam - Me, Myself, Myself and Eye.
« on: January 26, 2014, 09:13:05 pm »
Hey all! Not sure if anyone was aware but from 24-26th the GGJ happened all around the world. I so happened to attend the Bristol one and produced a game called Me, Myself, Myself and Eye. A game about viewing the world as distortion and find/solving the way through the platform game.

If you do decide that you want to play it, don't play if you get frustrated easily! It will take a lot of experimentation to solve the levels we've put it. We did plan on putting in a tutorial level but that was only suggested within the last hour of the jam.

http://globalgamejam.org/2014/games/me-myself-myself-and-eye

Also if you look at the code, please don't judge :) First game jam and once I realised that doing this the proper way wouldn't work in this time space it was mostly the case of hacking a lot of it together. So expect to see of lot of bad indentation, variable names and general style!

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: Global Game Jam - Me, Myself, Myself and Eye.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 09:53:55 pm »
Really beautiful art style, especially for a jam :)

Is it intended that the game directly closes when you fall off the screen? Because that's almost more frustrating, restarting and watching the intro again and again ;)
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

datMoka

• Wooo!
    • View Profile
Re: Global Game Jam - Me, Myself, Myself and Eye.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 10:21:47 pm »
Is it intended that the game directly closes when you fall off the screen?

While getting the base done I kind of overlooked the lives system and just used the if player falls below a certain Y value it closes the game. Very rough around the edges this game is :P

Because that's almost more frustrating, restarting and watching the intro again and again ;)

There's a bit on the jam site but I should have put it here: you can press 'S' to skip the cutscenes :D