Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help Compiling SFML  (Read 1935 times)

Aquacalvin

• View Profile
Help Compiling SFML
« on: February 24, 2014, 07:52:23 pm »
Hello everyone! I am trying to re-compile SFML with CMake, but I have run into some problems. When I enter the file locations and click configure, it says something to the extent of "can't find CMakeLists.txt". The reason I am confused is because I got CMakeLists.txt off of the SFML GitHub page. I also put the file in the SFML folder. I have no idea what the problem. Please help me.

zsbzsb

• Active Maintainer of CSFML/SFML.NET
    • View Profile
    • My little corner...
    • Email
Re: Help Compiling SFML
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 07:57:27 pm »
What do you mean that you just got the CMakeLists.txt file off of github? You should have downloaded (preferably cloned) the entire github repository.
Motion / MotionNET - Complete video / audio playback for SFML / SFML.NET

NetEXT - An SFML.NET Extension Library based on Thor

Aquacalvin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 05:04:46 pm »
GitHub has CMakeLists.txt. I found out though that the SFML source comes with CMakeLists.txt. I still have problems with compiling. Question, I have VS 2013. What compiler do I choose when choose a compiler in CMake? Thanks.
Calvin

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 05:14:33 pm »
You don't just need the CMakeLists.txt file. You need the entire source code of SFML. Just clone the git repository.
As for "what compiler do I choose" - have you considered simply choosing the compiler that you have?
And if the compiler that you have is not a possible choice, then either pick as close as possible or change your compiler or hack the cmake files to fit your compiler.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:17:44 pm by Jesper Juhl »

MadMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 05:19:58 pm »
The compiler options of CMake are somewhat different to MSVC's versioning. Visual Studio 12 is Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 11 is Visual Studio 2012, because MSVC2013 is Microsoft-internally referred to as version 12.

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 05:25:10 pm »
The compiler options of CMake are somewhat different to MSVC's versioning. Visual Studio 12 is Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 11 is Visual Studio 2012, because MSVC2013 is Microsoft-internally referred to as version 12.
True. But that's not exactly a deep arcane secret. That info is readily available with a little research (aka Google).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:31:21 pm by Jesper Juhl »

MadMartin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 06:01:34 pm »
But that's not exactly a deep arcane secret.
Never said anything like that  ;)