Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problem getting SFML to work under OS X 10.4  (Read 1744 times)

blundis

• View Profile
Problem getting SFML to work under OS X 10.4
« on: July 28, 2009, 09:49:42 pm »
Hi,

Just discovered SFML a couple of days ago and have been using it with great success under Windows with Visual C++ 2008 Express. Today I wanted to give it a go under OS X 10.4 with Xcode 2.2.1.

Downloaded the files and followed the tutorial but when i try and run the template project i get the following weird linker errors:

The good news is I haven't had a single problem running under windows, so thank you for a great library!

Ceylo

• View Profile
    • http://sfemovie.yalir.org/
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 04:23:16 pm »
Use the log to get more information on this error (see compile_log.png) and click again on your error.
Want to play movies in your SFML application? Check out sfeMovie!

blundis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 06:37:39 pm »
Here you go, don't now if you'll be able to divine anything from that mess though :D

Ceylo

• View Profile
    • http://sfemovie.yalir.org/
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 07:08:13 pm »
I thought it would give some more information but it actually doesn't. The important point is here : "load command 5 unknown cmd field".

After some searches, this seems to be linker commands (ie. should link to this library, etc), but I don't understand why it doesn't work for you because it has been reported to work on Mac OS X 10.4.

I built all the SFML frameworks against the Mac OS X 10.4 SDK, wich actually seems to represent Mac OS X 10.4.11. Are you using this version or an oldier one ?

Edit: the Mac OS X version does not seem to be the problem, let me some more time to find out what's wrong. By the way, did you try building SFML with the sources from the Subversion repository (Xcode 2.4 or later required).

Edit 2: upgrading to Xcode 2.4 actually seems to be the solution.
Want to play movies in your SFML application? Check out sfeMovie!

blundis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 09:38:53 am »
It works! Should have thought about upgrading, but I guessed OS X kept Xcode updated automatically (it doesn't).

Thank you for your help!

anything