Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Trying to figure out a few things about the dot net version of SFML  (Read 2122 times)

StormWingDelta

• View Profile
Yes I haven't been around in ages and got really into C# while I was away.  Was wondering what I needed to download and/or build and where from to get SFML working with C#.

I see the C++ download for SFML but I'm clueless on the .net version unless it is a simple rebuild or the same thing.

Meantime also saw a few topics on issues getting setup the rest of the way floating around so I might hunt through those.  If someone wants to bash me upside the head with a book have fun.  :P

Also wondering how much of the tutorial code would be useful to look at for the .net version and what changes between them I should worry about?  ???

That aside nice to be back and finally remember this place. :)
I have many ideas but need the help of others to find way to make use of them.

zsbzsb

• Active Maintainer of CSFML/SFML.NET
    • View Profile
    • My little corner...
    • Email
Re: Trying to figure out a few things about the dot net version of SFML
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:55:43 pm »
I see the C++ download for SFML but I'm clueless on the .net version unless it is a simple rebuild or the same thing.

You need to download the SFML.NET bindings. Then add a reference to the SFML.NET dlls and copy the CSFML dlls to your build/output folder.

Also wondering how much of the tutorial code would be useful to look at for the .net version and what changes between them I should worry about?

All of the tutorials related to windows/graphics/audio will apply to the SFML.NET bindings, the only differences is that you will need to slightly adapt the code examples to match the C#/CLI style.

Also you may want to take a look at my NetEXT library [see my signature] as it provides some nice helper classes that may help you out.  ;)
Motion / MotionNET - Complete video / audio playback for SFML / SFML.NET

NetEXT - An SFML.NET Extension Library based on Thor

StormWingDelta

• View Profile
Re: Trying to figure out a few things about the dot net version of SFML
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 10:02:11 pm »
OK guess it would have helped if I checked Bindings.  ::)

Also the more things I can find to take some work off me the better. :P  I'll drop in and take a looks through the projects section to see what you're all up to. :)

I'll be coding both a card game for one set of things and a space shooter/RTS on another set of things. :)
I have many ideas but need the help of others to find way to make use of them.