Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML compatibility.  (Read 3458 times)

Lolilolight

• View Profile
SFML compatibility.
« on: May 03, 2014, 09:58:50 am »
Hi, I have some questions about the futur of SFML :

Will be SFML compatible with all of these plateforms : (IOS, Android, Win8 Phone, PC, Mac and Tablets) ?

Will SFML provides the possibility to develop games introducing touchscreen interfaces ?

If I'm asking all of that it's because, in the future, I would like to create a development studio like this one :
http://seriousgaming.fishingcactus.com/en/Technologie.html

But with SFML and my own engine using SFML. :)

I'm sure they don't use SFML. (I know them quite well)
They are using unity and SDL but to be honest I didn't know unity and SDL quite well to create games with it and I don't want to learn it because I prefer to be independant from an existing editor.

So I want something like Irrlicht by example but not only to create 3D FPS but also applis on new plateforms.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 10:12:32 am by Lolilolight »

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: SFML compatibility.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 01:40:22 pm »
Will be SFML compatible with all of these plateforms : (IOS, Android, Win8 Phone, PC, Mac and Tablets) ?
It is already. Only Windows Phone is missing, and we're already working on it. "Tablets"? That doesn't really mean anything, especially since you already mention iOS and Android...

Will SFML provides the possibility to develop games introducing touchscreen interfaces ?
Touch screens interfaces are already implemented. To develop games or whatever, of course.

Please check the latest development activity before asking.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Lolilolight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 02:21:40 pm »
Ok, thanks for all the information.

nottrulyevil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 10:34:21 pm »

It is already. Only Windows Phone is missing, and we're already working on it. "Tablets"? That doesn't really mean anything, especially since you already mention iOS and Android...

I know you all people that work on SFML and SFML bindings do so for free on your spare time, so I don't want to seem rude or anything, but do you have some kind of ETA for the android/ios releases? this year? the next? If you don't I totally understand.

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 10:39:23 pm »
The Android and iOS ports have been integrated to the master branch on GitHub, and a first version of them will be part of SFML 2.2. So you can use them already now :)
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development: