Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problem with linux 64 bits gcc download  (Read 1267 times)

coyotte508

• View Profile
Problem with linux 64 bits gcc download
« on: April 08, 2014, 10:42:26 pm »
Coming back to SFML... Trying version 2.1...

And I get a compile error on linux :(

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libGLEW.so.1.5, needed by /home/coyotte508/code/po-craft/lib/linux//libsfml-graphics.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libjpeg.so.62, needed by /home/coyotte508/code/po-craft/lib/linux//libsfml-graphics.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/home/coyotte508/code/po-craft/lib/linux//libsfml-graphics.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_finish_compress@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/coyotte508/code/po-craft/lib/linux//libsfml-graphics.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_write_scanlines@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/coyotte508/code/po-craft/lib/linux//libsfml-graphics.so: undefined reference to `__glewUniform1fARB'
/home/coyotte508/code/po-craft/lib/linux//libsfml-graphics.so: undefined reference to `jpeg_std_error@LIBJPEG_6.2'
/home/coyotte508/code/po-craft/lib/linux//libsfml-graphics.so: undefined reference to `__GLEW_ARB_shader_objects'
and so on...

When I checked the libraries, I have them installed:

sudo dpkg -L libglew1.8
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLEW.so.1.8.0

locate libjpeg
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjpeg.so.8.0.2

Just a more recent version (using Ubuntu 13.10 by the way, and SFML is 1.6 in the package repo). I'm going to try to build SFML from source then, just reporting the probem (in case I'm not an idiot and I didn't miss something obvious).

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Problem with linux 64 bits gcc download
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 10:46:43 pm »
Building SFML will solve the problem. Installing the correct version of these libraries would solve it too, but the first solution is probably easier ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

coyotte508

• View Profile
Re: Problem with linux 64 bits gcc download
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 11:17:40 pm »
Yup, building it worked.  Okay, will do that from now on.  :)

anything