Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Rethinking the definition of "Simple"  (Read 12061 times)

dabbertorres

• View Profile
    • website/blog
Re: Rethinking the definition of "Simple"
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 06:12:26 pm »
I haven't been around the forums much, but I've been using SFML longer and absolutely love it and the code-base; it's one of the easiest libraries to read and understand what's going on internally that I've come across. For that reason alone, I don't want it dying! I'll gladly contribute, just need a bit more experience with the library internally.

If the committee idea goes forward, and github's issue tracker + forums turn out to not be enough, you (all) may be interested in Trello. It's the best project management tool I've had the pleasure of using.

Tuffywub

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rethinking the definition of "Simple"
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 06:26:14 pm »
I have also been using SFML for some time, and would hate to see it die. I am a bit of a lurker here on the forums, but I would definitely be willing to help out with SFML. I love the idea of a committee or some guidance group that would make community contributions much more straightforward.

I think that for SFML to really compete with SDL or something with a backing by valve, it should try to be as feature rich and stable as possible, while being actively developed and tested by the community. SFML has gotten to the point where two or three people can not maintain and enhance it in their free time.

However, we should not try to be another SDL, just in C++, but should grow and develop in the way that the community sees fit. This library has MASSIVE potential with its great design and clean API, but I do agree that it seems to be a bit of a "gateway" library with its current feature set.