Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The program can't start because libiconv-2.dll is missing from your computer.  (Read 11590 times)

The Terminator

• Windows and Mac C++ Developer
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I recently built a new computer, and I'm migrating my environment and all of my sources to it. I'm having a big issue with cmake and SFML, however. I have the latest CodeBlocks (13.12 I believe) and MinGW 4.8.1 all installed and working fine. But, whenever I try to compile the latest sources from SFML I get the error "The program can't start because libiconv-2.dll is missing from your computer." I'm tried redownloading SFML sources several times, and I've reinstalled Cmake and even CodeBlocks several times as well. I'm configuring using MinGW MakeFiles which is pointing to the right files and directory (I've already checked).

Thanks for any help!
Current Projects:
Technoport

Syntactic Fructose

• Overflowing stacks and eating snacks
    • View Profile
You should be able to find
libiconv2.dll
in your
mingw\bin\libiconv2.dll
folder, I would first check to make sure it exists secondly are you using a git repository? Or just a normal project folder?

« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 11:27:05 pm by Syntactic Fructose »

The Terminator

• Windows and Mac C++ Developer
    • View Profile
I solved the problem, I removed CodeBlocks' MinGW 4.8.1 compiler, and replaced it with TDM GCC 4.8.1. It seems to be working just fine now. Thanks for the help anyways!

By the way, syntactic I love your name :). It gave me a good laugh a couple of minutes ago.
Current Projects:
Technoport

Syntactic Fructose

• Overflowing stacks and eating snacks
    • View Profile
I solved the problem, I removed CodeBlocks' MinGW 4.8.1 compiler, and replaced it with TDM GCC 4.8.1. It seems to be working just fine now. Thanks for the help anyways!

By the way, syntactic I love your name :). It gave me a good laugh a couple of minutes ago.

haha thanks, It took me awhile of starting at the screen to think of this name  :P