Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Visual Studio "14"  (Read 3896 times)

Xornand

• C++ / Python
    • View Profile
Visual Studio "14"
« on: June 06, 2014, 08:16:32 pm »
A couple of days ago Microsoft released a CTP of their new upcoming Visual Studio. It'll support a lot of C++ 14 features, such as generic lambda captures etc. A better overview can be found here. The IDE can be downloaded directly from Microsoft.

Has anyone tried it yet? In order to install the new Visual Studio, all the older versions must be uninstalled, so I haven't really had time to do that yet (or rather, didn't want to set up a virtual machine just for that). Apparently this is still an early build, as the final release is scheduled for 2015.

SeriousITGuy

• Still learning...
    • View Profile
Re: Visual Studio "14"
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 08:58:52 am »
Haven't tried it and won't until final release. I'm happy with VS2013 atm. and I do not want to set up a new dev machine for that, like you. And I have no use for the new C++14 features atm. as I'm still learning all the C++11 stuff ;)

More interesting for me is the question, has Microsoft again screwed the UI of VS2014 or is it as good as the VS2013 UI?

Xornand

• C++ / Python
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 09:48:57 pm »
A new version of the CTP has been released. According to the release notes, it should be more or less okay to install this version alongside other Visual Studio distributions. More info here.

capz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 02:44:29 pm »
it seems to be snappier than VS12 and 13, nice!
Also finally some more decent C++11 support (which is what I've downloaded it for)

anything