Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Problems with .setPitch  (Read 9857 times)

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
Re: AW: Problems with .setPitch
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 12:34:45 am »
use my nightly builds
Thanks a lot, eXpl0it3r!
I think this might be the answer. I wanted to avoid getting someone else to do the build if I could just do it myself but, since I've been failing, I can't see that I should not use pre-built versions. Am I right in thinking that it's probably best to use the 32-bit build even though I'm using a 64-bit operating system?
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
AW: Re: AW: Problems with .setPitch
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 08:09:39 am »
Am I right in thinking that it's probably best to use the 32-bit build even though I'm using a 64-bit operating system?
If you have a 64 bit compiler as well it doesn't really matter. The only advantage 32 bit applications have, is that will also run on 32 bit platforms whose number keep dropping further every month. ;)
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

Hapax

• View Profile
    • Links
Re: AW: Re: AW: Problems with .setPitch
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 11:41:03 pm »
If you have a 64 bit compiler...
I'm using your nightly build and can now use debugging libraries and also use both 32-bit and 64-bit :)

Stepping through the Pitch Test application (with sound.setPitch(50); uncommented), it plays the sound when it moves from the while (window.pollEvent(event)) line to the if (event.type == sf::Event::Close) line, but still crashes if it is run without stepping, both debugging and not.

As for symbols, the problem area seems to be openal32.dll as it "was not built with debug information".
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*

Hapax

• View Profile
    • Links
Re: Problems with .setPitch
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 04:02:10 am »
I stumbled upon the reason that I was getting this error. I'm still not sure why but it's easy enough to avoid for myself now.
I changed the sound settings for my audio interface to use 48kHz instead of 44.1kHz and it crashes on no pitches now. Fully updated the audio interface drivers beforehand to make sure of everything but it still crashes on 44.1, 16-bit and 24-bit. None of the higher frequencies cause the problem, it seems.
If you happen to get a similar problem, try changing those settings.

Hopefully, nobody will ever be using the same audio interface as me, running at 44.1kHz when trying to run something linked to openal  ;D

I've updated the original post to show that it has been solved and also included a shorter pitch testing code.
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*