Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: F.I.R.E.D. v0.99.pre-alpha  (Read 26522 times)

electrux

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: F.I.R.E.D. v0.99.pre-alpha
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 11:04:23 am »
its awesome man!!! so beautiful :D

achpile

• View Profile
    • Achpile's homepage
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 02:23:32 pm »
its awesome man!!! so beautiful :D

Thanks, electrux! But art is still not look like I want it to :D

achpile

• View Profile
    • Achpile's homepage
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 09:33:59 pm »
Man... why can't such games gain more attention. That way people would see what awesome things can be achieved with SFML and would stop asking whether SFML can be used in high quality games.

In any case, good job ;). I would even consider this game to have potential to be on par with some things sold on Steam for real money.

PS: @binary1248, I think SFMLProjects (developing by eXpl0it3r, zsbzsb and me) will help people to find more nice projects using sfml, but I see SFMLProjects only in distant future. I think the more attention can be gain if there will be the special menu entry 'Projects' on main site (near resources, license, downloads etc.) where the project titles, sreenshots and link to forum threads can be placed (projects can be added by discretion of the administration) for projects like mine, 'Witch Blast', 'Kroniax' etc.

Cirrus Minor

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 07:48:08 am »
I've played F.I.R.E.D. a little during the week end.
Runs fine (Windows 8 - 64).
The game is well done, polished, and I like the 2D art !

So it will become a multiplayer game ? You already have some "story" ?

achpile

• View Profile
    • Achpile's homepage
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 08:20:50 am »
I've played F.I.R.E.D. a little during the week end.
Runs fine (Windows 8 - 64).
The game is well done, polished, and I like the 2D art !

So it will become a multiplayer game ? You already have some "story" ?

Thanks for feedback, Cirrus Minor!

Yeah, it will. (may be multiplayer or single player will be some kinda similar to Terraria. I mean you can choose player and world/server). But only in distant future. For now I'm working on City with NPCs, Player's home with treasury and more stuff, skill system, maybe liquids, quests etc. I've planned a lot before next release :D

And the story.. Just a simple thoughts about it, but I won't tell anything about it till release will be done ;D

About multiplayer - I don't planned a lot about it. For now I want to implement party-quests with awesome loot (like dungeons in WoW or similar) and some kind of arenas (For PvP) ;)

achpile

• View Profile
    • Achpile's homepage
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 08:32:27 am »
PS: glad to hear I works on Win8  :) I didn't tested it even on Win7 (I have only WinXP)

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 02:19:05 pm »
Really nice love it. Runs perfectly fine on Ubuntu14.04 64bit except everytime I die the window looses focus and it shows every open window (this view http://www.opensourceforu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Ubuntu1204-24-Super-W-scale-windows.png) kinda strange.

Some suggestions:
*When you rightclick an item in a chest it should get automatically in your inventory, so it will be faster to store ammo.
*Sometimes its hard to see an enemy because the world is too dark (maybe this is on purpose?), you could add someting like a brightness level?

AlexAUT
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:50:06 pm by AlexAUT »

achpile

• View Profile
    • Achpile's homepage
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 02:35:12 pm »
Really nice love it. Runs perfectly fine on Ubuntu14.10 64bit except everytime I die the window looses focus and it shows every open window (this view http://www.opensourceforu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Ubuntu1204-24-Super-W-scale-windows.png) kinda strange.

Some suggestions:
*When you rightclick an item in a chest it should get automatically in your inventory, so it will be faster to store ammo.
*Sometimes its hard to see an enemy because the world is too dark (maybe this is on purpose?), you could add someting like a brightness level?

AlexAUT

Hi, AlexAUT! Thanks for feedback!!!  I hope next releases will be much greater and you'll love it more ;)

Well, about issue with losing focus - I really don't even know, what is the reason. Because there's nothing in my code can do it  :-\ May'be there's some UNITY issue (I can't use it. Prefer MATE, XFCE and Gnome 2. Sadly Gnome 3 makes me sick  :( ). So I didn't tested it on unity, but I'll try.

About rightclick - it is used to take items by one from a stack (or heap. don't know how it is named  :) ) but only one item by click. No holding implemented yet  :( . And maybe middleclick will be used to do it. Or vice versa  :D And later there will be an 'autoloot' button ;)

About darkness. It is so dark with only one purpose. To show, what is the game lighting and lightning systems are  :D Of course all the game won't be so dark. This is just 2 demo levels made to show game abilities. It is pre-alpha. By other words - teaser. Nothing is told about game conception, only engine abilities.

fakepotato

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2014, 06:35:50 pm »
It's not tile-based, is it? In what way the game map is represented?
Infinite insomnia.

achpile

• View Profile
    • Achpile's homepage
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2014, 11:57:39 am »

It IS tile-based. And the map is an array of tiles  ;)

achpile

• View Profile
    • Achpile's homepage
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2014, 11:58:16 am »

Why do you think it is not?  :P

Raincode

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2014, 03:35:26 pm »
I find it hard to imagine a single person making such a cool game. I mean really, it's super cool.
I wonder if there is some way to  change the keys? E.g. I would find 'W' to jump good instead of space (of course all personal preference).

Grimshaw

• Nephilim SDK
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 04:39:59 pm »
I tried your game and it was so great, got me hooked for a while! Great job ! I don't find that much stuff that needs improvement, unless you want to further polish the game.

The experience was really good, complete, intuitive and with a bit more work I'm sure you can make a commercial success out of it. :D

achpile

• View Profile
    • Achpile's homepage
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 05:25:55 pm »
I find it hard to imagine a single person making such a cool game. I mean really, it's super cool.
I wonder if there is some way to  change the keys? E.g. I would find 'W' to jump good instead of space (of course all personal preference).

Thanks! Yeah, it took about 14 months.. And the changing controls was planned for next release... But I don't know if it will be =(

I tried your game and it was so great, got me hooked for a while! Great job ! I don't find that much stuff that needs improvement, unless you want to further polish the game.

The experience was really good, complete, intuitive and with a bit more work I'm sure you can make a commercial success out of it. :D

Thanks, Grimshaw =) The next steps of development must be working on content. But I'm too bad at art, so works stopped for a while. And I don't know, what to do with this... I mean... What this game will be about? What gameplay will be...

Well, I thought about something like this: there will be 3 basic locations
1. City (there some NPCs walking around and can give you a quest, heal you, or trade something)
2. Home (player can go there from City). There will be some chests to store items. Also there will live some special NPCs (who can train some of your skills, trade special items or modifiers to equipment). Each of them will appear after completing special quests
3. Quest location. Each quest would lead you to some special location with enemies. (Graveyard, Old castle, Forest, Mountains, etc.)

But when I started it's implementation - I thought: "Nooo.. Booring"  ;D

So, for now, I can't imagine the future of this game.

Btw, I've started another project on this engine... Side-view tower defense. I hope the alpha would be done about X-Mas or New Year  ;) The only think I can say now about it: It will be a lot of meat and bloood!!!  ;D

Cirrus Minor

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2014, 06:19:44 pm »
Too bad the development is (temporarily, I hope) paused, but now I can't wait to see your tower defense :P