Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: awesome youtube channel  (Read 3388 times)

paupav

• View Profile
    • Email
awesome youtube channel
« on: August 20, 2014, 01:49:30 am »
while we are here on the forums spamming, some other people are even working and have awesome projects:

He is worth admiring. I'm not saying that you guys aren't, I just didn't saw your projects.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:38:38 pm by paupav »

Gobbles

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Did you know that
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 04:01:12 am »
Took a look at the source code on the first video, he's only drawing 1 million particles, not sure where his math for 1 billion, but 100,000 x 10 = 1,000,000.

#define CHUNK_NB 10 // separating particles in smaller chunks to avoid having HUGE arrays (1 billion particles) : else we might face stack overflow or framerate drops. To understand the code faster, you can think that CHUNK_NB = 1
#define VERTEX_CHUNK 100000 // how much particles are in each chunk

for(int j(0) ; j < CHUNK_NB ; j++) // we convert Vector2f positions to the OpenGL's way of storing positions : static arrays of floats
{
        for(int i(0) ; i < VERTEX_CHUNK ; i++)
        {

I'll give it a try later, but I imagine trying to do 1 billion will cause a crash.

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: Did you know that
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:56:48 pm »
while we are here on the forums spamming
Good keyword. I've been away for a few days, and the first thing I've noticed after coming back is that you have created a lot of relatively useless threads, two of which have even been closed. Please don't just post anything that comes to your mind, especially not in General Discussions.

This thread should for example have a meaningful title ("Did you know that" is everything but expressive) and be part of the Projects section. And are you sure this has not been announced anywhere on the forum before?
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

paupav

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: awesome youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 09:43:33 pm »
I thought that thats why General Discussion is here. So that we can ask things that come to our mind.
Also are you uusing Arch linux since your avatar reminds me on Arch Linux's logo.

zsbzsb

• Active Maintainer of CSFML/SFML.NET
    • View Profile
    • My little corner...
    • Email
Re: awesome youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 09:52:57 pm »
I thought that thats why General Discussion is here. So that we can ask things that come to our mind.

This is not a spam section for useless comments, it is for general discussion about SFML... none of which your 3 threads really belong here...

Also are you uusing Arch linux since your avatar reminds me on Arch Linux's logo.

Again, something that does not need to be mentioned in this thread or forum section...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:55:14 pm by zsbzsb »
Motion / MotionNET - Complete video / audio playback for SFML / SFML.NET

NetEXT - An SFML.NET Extension Library based on Thor