Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Looking for work?  (Read 2092 times)

GAMINGBACON97

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for work?
« on: August 31, 2015, 02:26:37 pm »
Who thinks it would be a good idea for them to add a looking for work area to the forum for those looking to make something with SFML?

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: Looking for work?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 02:28:27 pm »
If you want to make something with SFML, you can simply do so without telling the entire world.

If you want to share your progress with others, you can use the Projects subforum.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

GraphicsWhale

• View Profile
Re: Looking for work?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:56:59 am »
I agree with Nexus.

To add more, here are a couple more specific reasons why I am against it:

- You probably don't want to work with most of the people on this forum. Not because they're necessarily bad programmers, but because it's overwhelmingly likely that trying to synchronize your schedule, workflow, programming style, etc with any given member to complete a project would result in less work getting done than if it were to be done with a single programmer.

- A project requiring multiple members is likely a large project that uses various libraries, and possibly even various languages. You're much more likely to find someone who suits all your needs on a website like gamedev.net than here.

- I can already see the posts made by people who only have enough experience to draw a couple rectangles on the screen asking for help with MMOs.

- Very few projects are actually likely going to be even finished, so most people posting would be just wasting others' time.

anything