Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problem linking the demo project with Xcode -- copying to Help/General  (Read 2004 times)

dgillman

• View Profile
Hi,

I've just built and installed SFML 2.1 on OSX 10.9 using the CMake Mac gui app, for clang/C++ 11, with debug dylibs.  I followed the instructions on the SFML page for building and installing SFML and the SFML getting-started tutorial.

I should mention that first I had downloaded the binaries and tried them until I discovered in the docs that they don't contain debug libraries.

I created the SFML CLT project and tried to build it.  I get two types of linker warnings:

directory not found for option '-L/Users/.../Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/.../Build/Products/Debug'

ignoring file /usr/local/lib/libsfml-network-d.dylib, file was built for x86_64 which is not the architecture being linked (i386): /usr/local/lib/libsfml-network-d.dylib

and then a bunch of errors for unresolved function calls.

I don't understand the linker warnings.  First, the main project page in Xcode says

Library Search Paths  /usr/local/lib

Where in my project does it set the command-line option
'-L/Users/.../Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/.../Build/Products/Debug',

and why?

Second, I think the second warning is telling me that, as intended, I built SFML with the 'i386;64_32' option for universal binaries, but that the linker is trying to do something that conflicts with that -- correct?  Where can I reconfigure the linker to build a universal binary?

On the Xcode main project page under Architectures it says "Universal (32/64-bit Intel), (x86_64, i386)".  I haven't changed that.

Thanks for any advice.

David

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:38:12 am by dgillman »

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Problem linking the demo project with Xcode -- copying to Help/General
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 04:40:02 pm »
Regarding the warning, I've seen it in other project that have nothing to do with SFML. It's just something that Xcode does sometimes. Don't worry about it.

I built SFML with the 'i386;64_32' option for universal binaries
The archs should be 'i386;x86_64'. Make sure CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES is set correctly.
SFML / OS X developer