Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problem with smooth movement in 2d game (scrolling view, render interpolation)  (Read 16132 times)

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
    • The server that really shouldn't be running
Can you temporarily disable your IGP and try running your SFML application on your notebook? Sometimes the wrong adapter gets selected and many things in SFML go awry because of that.
SFGUI # SFNUL # GLS # Wyrm <- Why do I waste my time on such a useless project? Because I am awesome (first meaning).

grok

• View Profile
    • Email
I tried really hard to disable IGP, but it led to Nvidia driver (!) refused to load. Weird.
What I did: put i915 (Intel driver) into /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, rebooted, checked that Intel IGP is not "detected" by the system. So far so good. Funny moment is that now I cannot enable my Nvidia card. nvidia-settings doesn't recognize it, reinstalling Nvidia drivers didn't help.

Then I removed my i915 entriy from the blacklist, installed i915 driver, removed nvidia one, rebooted and voilĂ , - I have stable 59-60 FPS running any SFML apps with/or without vsync enabled in the code. What matters is that there's no more tearing.

Looks like having hybrid graphics has its drawbacks, or maybe it is an Nvidia fault. I still don't get why I couldn't force Nvidia to work with vsync.

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
    • The server that really shouldn't be running
SFGUI # SFNUL # GLS # Wyrm <- Why do I waste my time on such a useless project? Because I am awesome (first meaning).