Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Development concerns about SFML for Android?  (Read 2112 times)

magneonx

• MSN Messenger - magnumneon04@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Development concerns about SFML for Android?
« on: January 26, 2015, 03:51:31 am »
Hi, I have a few doubts regarding SFML Android but it is not the system in general but the development itself. You see, I am completely addicted developing my projects on Visual Studio and on Eclipse Kepler. Though I prefer coding C++ projects on Visual Studio my primary concern arises when SFML is available for Android. Would it force users to use say Eclipse instead of Visual Studio? As far as I have tried, Android on Visual studio is like a paid plug in, or not available on Express Editions, though I haven't tried the Community Version yet. I would like to continue developing application on Visual Studio. I haven't tried SFML for Android and it seems the development is underway and I am wondering if I have to switch IDE once I develop games for PC and Mobile.

TIA!

AlexAUT

• View Profile
Re: Development concerns about SFML for Android?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 02:08:45 pm »
When i made the android version of Kroniax i developed the non Android specific stuff in Visual Studio and only used eclipse for the android stuff (editing manifest, activity; wrote some JNI function to get Admob working with SFML, debugging on android etc...)

So in my opinion you do not have to switch fully to Eclipse just for your mobile port. 

AlexAUT

ChronicRat

• C++ programmer
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 07:56:56 pm »
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean. We don't need Eclipse for SFML!

VS 2013 Community Edition + Tegra Android Development Pack

This is much easier than NDK's mk files, Eclipse or anything else. And it is free.

https://bitbucket.org/SteelRat/gipe there are several VS solutions that use TA: SFML, Lua, Box2D and others. Look in ./deps subdirectory.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:30:32 pm by ChronicRat »

magneonx

• MSN Messenger - magnumneon04@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 06:21:53 am »
Wow, you are wonderful guys, I've been researching for awhile if its possible. I should have asked long time ago. Thank you.