Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: My window doesnt have a color  (Read 4885 times)

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: My window doesnt have a color
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 05:18:05 pm »

That Martin Guy

• View Profile
Re: AW: My window doesnt have a color
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 05:25:20 pm »
If that works, your code must be bugged.
Thats pretty much what i was asking for help for. Like you may have assumed, the example code from the visual studio tutorial did work.
Something i forgot to mention aswell, i use visual studio 2010 express if that helps.

eXpl0it3r

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • development blog
    • Email
AW: My window doesnt have a color
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 05:32:07 pm »
If an SFML example runs fine, then there's an issue in your code. If there's an issue in your code, you need to post a compilable and minimal example (see Jesper Juhl's link).
Official FAQ: https://www.sfml-dev.org/faq.php
Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/nr4X7Fh
——————————————————————
Dev Blog: https://duerrenberger.dev/blog/

That Martin Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 05:49:38 pm »
This is alot of work just to report a problem. I might sound lazy, but right now i have a stomach flu (i think is the english name for it) and i problably shouldnt be on the computer. Give me a few days or so, and i may come back.

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 05:55:27 pm »
Ehh. Programming is all about solving problems and doing research, experiments, learning - in short; work - is a part of that.
If doing that work results in you figuring out the solution yourself; great. If not, then at least we will have more/better info to base our help on.
If you expect to always be able to solve your code issues by posting vague descriptions and incomplete examples and then have other people do the work for you, you are not going to get far.
Programming is difficult and a lot of work. Fact of life. Get used to it
 :)

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: AW: My window doesnt have a color
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 06:16:29 pm »
Something i forgot to mention aswell, i use visual studio 2010 express if that helps.
May I suggest that you upgrade to Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition (update 4)?
It is a free download, has many bug fixes, supports much of C++11 (which is great) - or use some other modern compiler (like GCC or Clang).
It won't help you with your current problem, but going forward it'll be much nicer than being stuck in C++98 land (which is not a very nice place to be considering what modern C++ brings to the table)  ;)

anything