Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: x64 build - how to?  (Read 1828 times)

inc++

• View Profile
x64 build - how to?
« on: October 29, 2009, 04:57:33 pm »
Hi!  :)

I'm using vc2008 and I'm trying to build the libs in 64 bit, however i'm just too clumsy to get it done. I never compiled a lib and my programming experience is...let's say limited, in this field.
What i did was I opened the sfml.sln where all projects are stored and i changed the target machine to x64 wherever possible (libs don't seem to have that option), but I get a lot of errors, namely of the type unresolved external symbol and can't open file. The missing files seem to be qt headers.

Then i tried to compile just the one of the subsystems, namely sfml-graphics, as a static lib. It worked, but what i got was a bunch of obj files, not a .lib.  :roll: I checked the settings, they say project type is static library.

Any advice?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
x64 build - how to?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 05:19:56 pm »
What i did was I opened the sfml.sln where all projects are stored and i changed the target machine to x64 wherever possible (libs don't seem to have that option), but I get a lot of errors, namely of the type unresolved external symbol and can't open file. The missing files seem to be qt headers.

Forget the samples, you don't need them. If you do, then just ignore the Qt/wxWidgets ones if you don't have these libraries installed :)

Then i tried to compile just the one of the subsystems, namely sfml-graphics, as a static lib. It worked, but what i got was a bunch of obj files, not a .lib

Where did you look at after compiling? The libraries are created in <sfml-root>/lib/VC2008.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

inc++

• View Profile
x64 build - how to?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 06:56:33 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"

Then i tried to compile just the one of the subsystems, namely sfml-graphics, as a static lib. It worked, but what i got was a bunch of obj files, not a .lib

Where did you look at after compiling? The libraries are created in <sfml-root>/lib/VC2008.

True. :roll: I thought they were in the temp directory.

Thank you. Works fine now.

anything