Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Qt and SFML Window  (Read 10348 times)

WDR

• View Profile
Re: Qt and SFML Window
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 04:45:51 pm »
OH... MY... GOD...!

Fuck my life, man! Fuck my life! -_-
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:36:55 pm by WDR »

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2015, 07:56:49 pm »
OH... MY... GOD...!

Fuck my life, man! Fuck my life! -_-
Ehh?
How is that A) relevant. B) productive.  ?

WDR

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 09:32:31 pm »
Because my life is taking this prestigious opportunity to shit on me. I have 4 days left to submit a project for admission and I am on a very tight schedule. Every time I try to find a solution and I think I found it, something or the other puts me back at square one. So, one step forward, three steps back.

I am a slow learner, but I'm enthusiastic to learn. I got no one to teach me in real life and the internet is my only chance of learning. Problem is, people on the internet... Not really the kindest people in the world. I am not talking about people at SFML forums. You guys are great. A previous post in this topic even has me appreciating Laurent.

However, others... Specifically Stack Overflow (yeah, Stack Overflow, I said it)... not so kind. Sure, I don't understand right away. Sure, I'm a slow learner. But at least I'm asking politely. Nope! Just downvote the question and move on without giving any reason why. Is my question really not that worth answering? Sure, the answer to my question could be obvious and in plain sight but I'll still need to be pointed in the right direction. Google can only get you so far that you should know what exactly you're looking for.

Even then, I try not to ask more than what I should because I want to figure it out on my own and also, I don't want to be criticized for being ignorant. Even now, I'm scared to ask which part of the code is the update code that Laurent mentioned because I don't have a clue. But, I'm trying to figure it out on my own. You people are nice but I can't ask every single thing, even those unrelated to SFML. And the rest of the internet is... well, I told you. So, this is what I'm feeling right now.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to speak my mind. To answer your question, A) It's relevant as explained above and B) Is it productive if I don't say it? It doesn't make a difference.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 10:33:28 pm »
Well, if your solution works, and you've got 4 days left to finish your project, then I'd say go ahead and finish it, if all you need is that it runs. Whatever you do, you won't be able to solve your main problem in 4 days: learning the right SFML & Qt way to do this -- a rather complicated task for a beginner.

A previous post in this topic even has me appreciating Laurent.
:-\
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

WDR

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 11:01:15 pm »
Well, it works all right. Only thing is if I open multiple windows, I am only able to close the latest window first. Clicking on the 'x' close button on the older windows won't do anything but if I click on the latest window's close button, all of them close at once. But it's only minor and I guess it's OK. I don't think the admission committee will scrutinize it that deeply. I hope they don't. After all, I am going there to learn programming. This is just to test if I know the basics. Thanks anyway, Laurent.

A previous post in this topic even has me appreciating Laurent.
:-\

Hehe...  ;D
What was that supposed to mean? I was just trying to prove that I have to no hatred towards the SFML community. Is there some strict 'no-praise' policy I don't know about? If then, sorry for praising you.  :)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2015, 07:34:22 am »
What was that supposed to mean?
What you said sounds like it's hard to appreciate me :P
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

WDR

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 12:38:47 am »
Well... That depends on the tone you infer it in. My implication was positive, though. You know that. Thanks anyway, Laurent.

anything