Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Multiple render target.  (Read 3342 times)

Lolilolight

• View Profile
Multiple render target.
« on: May 04, 2015, 09:22:37 pm »
Hi, I'm more and more interested by modern opengl for optimisation purposes, so I tend to get away more and more from SFML but I still like this library because it's really the library which one I've learned everything!

Now I'm finally able to display objects with modern opengl and then with instanced rendering and image load-store soon for my custom depth test and my order independant transparency algorithm, I'm just wondering, what'll be about SFML ?

Will you change the class rendertarget for multiple target rendering and add some modern opengl functionnalities like I do or will you just let SFML like it's now because it's sufficient for 2D games ?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:25:39 pm by Lolilolight »

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Multiple render target.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 10:42:58 pm »
Ok, now that you've talked about yourself as usual, and thrown a lot of random words about "modern rendering", would you like to talk about the feature that you request? You know: what it is, why it would be a good addition to SFML, use cases, etc.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Lolilolight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 08:46:56 am »
You don't know what multiple render target is ?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 08:53:38 am »
It's not about me. You must explain (to the whole community) what your requests consists in exactly. With details about what it is, how it would be useful, real life use case, and possibly how it would integrate to the existing API.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer