Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Linux CodeBlocks and SFML  (Read 5924 times)

Travis_j_t

• View Profile
Linux CodeBlocks and SFML
« on: December 09, 2009, 07:56:38 am »
I have looked all over and have found limited resources on how to properly setup Codeblocks with g++ and SFML. I keep running into little roadblocks and decided to ask the smart people.

I got this all running in windows, but maybe since I am new to Linux I am having more trouble than I should

I have got it to run the clock code in the first tutorial. it seems to have problems finding some of the .hpp files for Graphics and Window.

any help would be appreciated.
Travis Travelstead

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 08:37:42 am »
For installation, you must follow the Linux tutorial. Once the SFML headers and libs are installed to a standard path (/usr[/local]/include and /usr[/local]/lib), Code::Blocks should find them automatically.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 11:07:38 am »
Nothing to add to Laurent's posting, but you could provide us with more information, for example how you installed SFML into your system (by your distribution's packet manager, or manual from source).

If you're new to Linux, it shouldn't be at all surprised if you downloaded SFML, unpacked it and added the proper paths to your project settings. However, this is not the usual way to install libraries on a *nix system.

Whatever, some more information would be great, so we don't have to touch the crystal ball. ;)

Travis_j_t

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 06:00:55 pm »
Thanks, It sounds like I improperly installed sfml. I will need to place all the files in the correct locations.

Thanks
Travis Travelstead