Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Tilemap Editor (working title)  (Read 42904 times)

Nothingness0x

• View Profile
Tilemap Editor (working title)
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2010, 07:34:15 am »
for the background i get it but the problem in the Hey example, i dont understand why i cant remove the sky on the right and below the map, it would be normal to leave it just above no ?

yes but i mean i can wait some months more so you can finish the animated tiles, the new collision system and stuff ...

please work fast hahaha

TricksterGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 10:17:25 am »
Its how it draws itself on the screen.  In that example it is a repeatedly drawn background.  So wherever the current view is it will draw so in this case if you maximize the window Everywhere on that right window you will see the background including the area outside the bounds of the map. So if it really bothers you then just stretch the map window to fit the bounds of the map.

The other option is to only draw it once, which would not look very good for that sky background. The background will be drawn once and it will move each frame anywhere where the background isn't will be whatever is under that background In the program's case Gray.

Nothingness0x

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 11:53:00 am »
I'm sorry but playtest doesnt work ... when i click i see a new windows that opens but it closes directly, i dont even have time to see whats in the window ... :?

TricksterGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 09:10:38 am »
hahaha, what I welcome bug reports. I'm not going to get angry.

Could you give me a bit more information?

For instance,
Did you save the map before choosing that option?
Did the map have a valid tileset associated with it?

Nothingness0x

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 10:12:53 pm »
yes and yes simply because i tested it with your map exemple :)

Megatron

• View Profile
Multiple Collision Layers?
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2010, 11:45:15 pm »
Maybe you can do this already, but I'm wondering how you would handle a map with multiple levels with this editor? (for example a bridge overhanging a walkable area, youd need to be able to walk under the bridge while you're on your base level, but then youd need to add a collision layer to the boundaries of the bridge when you move up so the character cant walk off the bridge). The easiest way i could think of would be to add an event that switches the collision layer when you pass over the tile associated with the event.

TricksterGuy

• View Profile
Re: Multiple Collision Layers?
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2010, 01:27:29 pm »
Quote from: "Nothingness0x"
yes and yes simply because i tested it with your map exemple :)

Ok I will look at this again before next release

Quote from: "Megatron"
Maybe you can do this already, but I'm wondering how you would handle a map with multiple levels with this editor? (for example a bridge overhanging a walkable area, youd need to be able to walk under the bridge while you're on your base level, but then youd need to add a collision layer to the boundaries of the bridge when you move up so the character cant walk off the bridge). The easiest way i could think of would be to add an event that switches the collision layer when you pass over the tile associated with the event.

In its current state no, that would need some specialized support. I will look into it when I start working on different types of Colllision Layers which I am planning on after I finish animated tiles.

Nothingness0x

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2010, 09:54:06 pm »
trikster i cant wait till the animated tiles, pixel perfect collisions, and the things witht he bridge are done ... how things are going on ? I come to this topic everyday to check it out

Hugo

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2010, 04:47:43 pm »
How does e collision detection work? Is there. Check for collision function in your code?

Nothingness0x

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2010, 07:07:34 am »
Hey man,

I hope you haven't given up this project, cause it's been a while without news, I count on you for finishing this awesome editor :) Please give news.

Canadadry

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2010, 02:16:54 pm »
Could you released the source to not let died this project and I also wanna ported it on mac, or at least tried.
thanks

TricksterGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2010, 07:25:45 am »
Quote from: "Nothingness0x"
Hey man,

I hope you haven't given up this project, cause it's been a while without news, I count on you for finishing this awesome editor :) Please give news.

I have not, I'm just busy with life and school.  I am graduating this semester. And that plus other school related projects I have little time to work on this.  There may be an update before the end of the year

I am working on redesigning the application front-end and back-end.  I'm not pleased with how I designed this.

Quote from: "mooglwy"
Could you released the source to not let died this project and I also wanna ported it on mac, or at least tried.
thanks

The only problem is that I am using SFML 2 and SFML 2 as I last heard does not work on Mac.

So theoretically when that is done it should theoretically work on macs

Also my code is ugly

gsaurus

• View Profile
    • Evolution Engine
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2010, 05:53:22 pm »
A small thing:
When you use the select tool and then press Del, the map isn't automatically updated  :wink:
Pluma - Plug-in Management Framework

felipehen

• View Profile
Assertion error :(
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2010, 06:57:50 am »
Hello.
I am get this error when trying to open a map:

TricksterGuy

• View Profile
Re: Assertion error :(
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2010, 09:30:25 am »
Quote from: "gsaurus"
A small thing:
When you use the select tool and then press Del, the map isn't automatically updated  :wink:

Thanks

Quote from: "felipehen"
Hello.
I am get this error when trying to open a map:

Could you give me more information?
How about did you try to open a map you created yourself or one of the example maps?

Also to anyone waiting on an update.  I apologize for keeping you waiting, but I am pretty busy with college, teaching, and other projects (which takes up almost all of my time).  I am graduating in about 3 weeks and I will have some time to work on this after that :D

anything