Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [iOS] Anyway to overload iOS' application functions without modifying SFML?  (Read 1434 times)

R23MJ

• View Profile
Hello, I am currently trying to use an external library alongside SFML on iOS. Problem is that this library requires adding a few lines to the iOS Application function "didFinishingLaunchingWithOptions". I am plenty capable of modifying SFAppDelegate in order to get the library to work correctly; however, this means I would have to build SFML for each individual project I do, the library I am using makes you add your "Application ID" so I would have to update that line each time I needed to create a new project. I would prefer to not do this, so my question is, is there a way for me to modify SFML didFinishingLaunchingWithOptions without actually modifying the source code of SFML.

i.e. is there anyway to overload that function in the project I am making, or will this cause some hiccups in SFML?

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
i.e. is there anyway to overload that function in the project I am making, or will this cause some hiccups in SFML?
You'll most probably end up in trouble, yes.

But can't you make your library read you app id from a file instead of hardcoding it in the code? That would be much more practical.
SFML / OS X developer

R23MJ

• View Profile
But can't you make your library read you app id from a file instead of hardcoding it in the code? That would be much more practical.

Thanks, great idea, I will try this.