Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Temporarily Named MMORPG: The Adventure Game  (Read 20256 times)

lordseanington

• Coffee is the blood of a coder.
    • View Profile
Re: Temporarily Named MMORPG: The Adventure Game
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2016, 06:05:16 pm »
Hello everyone,
Sean here with another update. I am rebuilding some of the systems in the game to make it easier in the future as there are some functions that I need to plan that hadn't been planned on but are still needed. Either way I am starting to pick the pace up again.

lordseanington

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2016, 05:46:22 pm »
Hello everyone, the old system is being modified to make a new system that should work much better and will be much more flexible. I am working on it as much as I can however the new system should allow easy addition to entirely new systems, so I can add a crafting/smelting system very shortly. One other thing to, this does not affect the client at all too. So it should not take too much work to rework. Also, I would like to thank all of you who gave me suggestions, ideas, or tips. I will keep you posted and hope to get another video up soon.

bitano

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 08:27:26 am »
Screenshot (or better: youtube link) Please :D

lordseanington

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2016, 06:42:17 pm »
A good and bad news. First the good news, our website has been updated with more information and will be updated more often from here on out. I am also nearly complete with the new server system that should make speed improvements in the future. now, for the bad news. My graphical designers have completely quit at this point. So another good news, I am taking volunteers. Please check out my website for more information about what I need. Thank you for following development.

lordseanington

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2016, 01:34:40 am »
Hello everyone, I am here with yet another update on development on the game. First off the item and entity system will be getting an overhaul to use a new system that should work better. My old system was flexible and could add items, blocks, and entities without recompilation of the server. However I now see why it would just be better to use normal methods. Testing ends soon so progress should speed back up now that summer is slowly approaching. I also am about to start putting up videos on my youtube channel. Thank you for following progress and I will keep you posted on updates.

Godsend72

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2016, 07:25:57 am »
Hi Sean.

Why are you overhauling the entity system, what is wrong with the old one?

I love your updates. Keep 'em coming.

lordseanington

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 07:07:14 pm »
I am overhauling it mainly due to its general inefficiency. Namely due to some animation issues as well as update issues, however the new system should work much better. Everything is getting an overhaul to be honest, but the entity system needed it the most. Up until now the entity system was more stand in code until I was sure the other systems were working properly. Hopefully my graphics designers will continue work on resources soon as well, but for now I am going to need to keep up my work. I will update as often as I can, and luckily my other commitments will be finished soon so over summer I can give updates much more often.

lordseanington

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2016, 05:26:40 pm »
Hello everyone, news update time.
So now that testing is almost over I should be able to get more work done once again. I have been disappointing on my progress thus far, but I am still working. I now think the internal system is exactly how I want it, our game mechanics are going to slowly begin being implemented. I am glad I have reached this point. I will keep you updated to the best of my ability.

lordseanington

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2016, 09:19:24 pm »
Hello everyone. Long time no update.

So many things have been changed and gotten better. I finally feel that i can show the game if i get some more resources. I have some music from my pianist that fits well. I just need some more images and sprites, but sadly i have very few. A number of other things have been added including lighting, I also plan to implement a new GUI for the inventory and eventually skills, which should make things better. I am still using the same old character models though, i only have one artist who occasionally works, and I'm not the best at pixel art.

I hope i get more sprites soon, but for now i need to deal with what i have.

lordseanington

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2016, 02:59:16 am »
Hello Everyone, I am here with a new update on things. So here are the changes:
  • I added a lighting system.
  • I changed the way sprites are loaded.
  • Added Version Updating From A Launcher.
  • Added animations for a new player model.

Here is what the lighting system looks like.

anything