Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problem with RenderTexture's Position  (Read 6751 times)

dabbertorres

• View Profile
    • website/blog
Re: Problem with RenderTexture's Position
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 12:30:42 am »
You're using the built-in Microsoft graphics driver. That's probably the cause of all your problems, including your game running slow.

To get the correct driver, you'll want to look through here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81507/Graphics-Drivers-for-Mobile-Intel-4-Series-Express-Chipset-Family

Tigre Pablito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 11:45:14 pm »
Hi dabbertorres; other Members

I must thank you very much ... I went to the download center and chose one of the driver installations

Then i run my poor Sonic app, and i was able to see the complete screen perfectly, and also pass to the hero select screen, ... but after a few seconds, the app stops responding ...

I could see a letter which says something about the optimal screen resolution (1366, 768) ...
and there was no case ... even i can't see the error in the VC# 2088 Express IDE Debugger ...

Would have i installed the correct driver?

Would you continue helping me?
I think now i'm much more near the solution of this problem

dabbertorres

• View Profile
    • website/blog
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 03:14:37 am »
Glad to hear progress has been made!

If it got that far, I'm going to assume that you got the right driver. Could be wrong, but let's assume you got the right one for now.

Without code, I can't say anything though. I would start by setting a breakpoint around where in the code the app stops responding, and step through until you find what function call, etc causes the issue.

When you figure that out, see if you can put together a minimal example that reproduces the issue like before. That will be helpful.

I think you're close too!

Tigre Pablito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2016, 09:47:43 pm »
Hello dabbertorres and all Ladies and Guys

I managed to make a minimal example that reproduces the crash; in the best cases i reached to see my poor Sonic's figure in the level screen start, but if i strike any key, it disappears immeadiately with the Not responding letter  ???

It seems that the app crashes at a certain number of seconds from load, and that it has to do with the screen resolution, i suppose this because of the letter that says something like "optimal resolution is 1366 x 768"  :o

I tried with breakpoints but the app stopped at different points randomly (most at the Data Load), and there was no info about the (supposed) error ... that´s very strange!  :-\

this link goes to the Reduced Sample download (i hope it is small enough)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vypsstos7mxahfz/Sonic%20REDUCED%20SAMPLE.rar?dl=0

Thanks for your help

dabbertorres

• View Profile
    • website/blog
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2016, 08:58:51 pm »
Runs fine here. Ideally, it's a bit big for a minimal example. But oh well.

Only thing I ran into was a NullPointerException when disposing Sounds.music1. (In Level.OnKeyPressed. Simple fix of checking if it isn't null before calling Dispose)

I also didn't get any messages about optimal resolution. Though, I have a different system spec than you.

Does it still happen if you don't run in Fullscreen? (ie, Styles.Default)

You have quite an old graphics card. My best guess is you're running out of graphics memory. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is load less really, as far as I am aware.
Since it's old enough, you could try making sure your textures are all power of 2 in size. I would also change to windowed mode, or change your window's resolution to 1366x768.

Unfortunately, without more information about the crash, I'm only guessing at this point.

Tigre Pablito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 01:16:52 am »
Hi dabbertorres and all Members

I suppose i should change my hardware ...

Could you tell me if there is any way to check and handle the video memory, or where to find this out?

I have 2 GB of RAM, but this has nothing to do, i suppose ...

I think you have guessed very well, thanks