Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Heart  (Read 12968 times)

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
Re: Heart
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 01:28:36 am »
I have no idea how to use or write cmake files  :'(

For anti-alias, you could try just 1, or hit a high one like 8 and let it slip back to the highest available. You should probably disable the SFML error stream while you set up the window, though.

If you are more of a designer and artist programmer than programmer programmer (think Edmund McMillen and Florian Himsl - two programmers but one is more arts-y and designer-y than the other who does the majority of code) then we can work on something together. ;)
I wouldn't know how to categorise myself there. I suppose I would like to think that I could adapt to the role I was aiming for. I'd be willing to give something a go. At least we'd definitely have the sound part covered  :P

a cmyk [colour mode]
This. I had just commented on how hard it was to get used to quickly recognising which RGB colours can match and then you mention this. This would be hell! Still, it should have a white background...  ;D
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*

FRex

• Back to C++ gamedev with SFML in May 2023
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 04:30:46 am »
How do you compile SFML then? ???

This. I had just commented on how hard it was to get used to quickly recognising which RGB colours can match and then you mention this.
I'm sure I could make it even worse than just CMYK if I sat at it.

This would be hell! Still, it should have a white background...  ;D
Black in cmyk is just to minimize the color ink usage and because it's better black than mixing the three. So no point of having it in the game.
Back to C++ gamedev with SFML in May 2023

ramaskrik

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 07:47:17 am »
Thanks, I have no idea how to write CMake files, just how to use them. :P
You're very welcome. I just copied it from my current project and changed it appropriately.
As to the readability of the CMake files, the main one is commented, so you can change the stuff to your liking.

This would be hell! Still, it should have a white background...  ;D
Black in cmyk is just to minimize the color ink usage and because it's better black than mixing the three. So no point of having it in the game.
I was actually thinking that multiple shadows of RGB colors would be great, and the percentage of RGB colors (like here for instance: http://colorschemedesigner.com/csd-3.5/) with some offset would define how much points you'd gain/lose.

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2016, 05:15:32 pm »
How do you compile SFML then? ???
Who said that I do:P
I tried it once (very early on) and it failed. I've avoided doing it again since, even though I've built lots of other things since then! I think it's because CMake had an error that I didn't understand and I'm yet to forgive it for that.

True, but mixing the three should create a black so the background would have to be white  ;D
Internally, it'd just be inverting every RGB, wouldn't it?
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*

anything