Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Haxe Binding for SFML  (Read 5704 times)

tienery

• View Profile
Haxe Binding for SFML
« on: February 20, 2016, 03:21:04 pm »
Hello, everyone!

I am writing a binding for SFML in the Haxe programming language, for anyone who is interested.

You can take a look here. The binding part of the library is complete. I will move onto completing the wrapper portion, which will allow you to use Haxe more naturally. The following is a list of things implemented into the binding:

• Windows and RenderWindow's
  • Shapes: Circles, Convex and Rectangles
  • Text: Font, Font Info and drawing text
  • Sprites, Images, Textures and RenderTextures
  • Events: Mouse, Keyboard, Text and more.
  • Shaders (Untested)
  • Audio, music and sound (Untested)

Things that have not been implemented, such as networking, do not exist because the Haxe Standard Library provides the utilities to do these things, including creating input/output streams. Some functions may appear missing, such as loadFromMemory functions within their respective places, simply because of my lack of understanding for implementing void * signatures in Haxe. Apparently, it's easy, but extra care has to be taken when implementing this kind of functionality, something I am not confident in risking yet.

If, however, you believe you can implement it, you can make a pull request on Github.

You can use the OpenGL context with the use of linc_opengl. I have just recently added the functions into RenderTarget in the binding to allow you to mix OpenGL calls with SFML ones.

If you have any problems, you can post an issue on Github.

Thank you for your interest.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:24:11 pm by tienery »

Ztormi

• Web developer by day. Game developer by night.
    • View Profile
Re: Haxe Binding for SFML
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 09:20:19 pm »
Neat
Haxe is cool  :)

anything