Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Looking for a dev partner  (Read 4623 times)

reethok

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for a dev partner
« on: March 25, 2016, 05:17:55 am »
Hello!

I'm a self taught programmer, been doing it on and off for approximetely 5 years. After a break of about 2 years I'm trying to get into game dev again.

I would like to find somone with who to do small-medium sized projects as a hobby / practice, maybe eventually do a more professional project if we see we can work together well.

I'm by no means an expert, but I can get around most issues I encounter with the help of Google :)

I think I work better with other people than alone because I like to discuss different ideas etc and if I do something on my own I lose interest/motivation pretty fast.

I can dedicate 10-20 hours per week into it. I'm located in europe but I do a lot of nightshifts so my schedule is variable. I speak english, spanish and hungarian.

Anyone interested?

Satus

Re: Looking for a dev partner
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 11:17:16 am »
What kind of projects you want to do? And what skills do you want your partner to have?  :)

reethok

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 11:36:16 am »
Skills I'm looking for:

- C++ / SFML
- General game dev knowledge
- Preferably somone interested in strategy/rpg

I'm interested in making games in general, I don't have a specific idea yet, though. I want to practice and have somone with whom to discuss game ideas

bitano

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 01:24:07 pm »
I'm somewhat hesitant, but at the same time *might* be interested.

Hesitant because i've seen and witnessed some pretty ugly conflicts due to people having different views on time, earnings, direction and what not.

I too am no expert, but i know my way around SFML and C++ well enough to produce what i want. My code will work (but could probably be made more optimal).
I've done several games in the past including c64 assembly games, some very basic c++ test-games and several HTML5 games.

Currently i'm working on a Zelda-like game (balance of puzzle and action), but focussed on coop play. Very early stage still as i started last week :P

siordache94

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 05:52:28 pm »
What if you have someone helpin in and out here and there?
Want to start a new SFML project but have yet to decide on what to do, so I guess I'm eligible?
Availability during the night until 3AM Italy time and during the day it depends on my work
Can speak English Italian and Romanian :)
PM me for more contact infos

jheinz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 01:57:29 am »
I'm totally interested. I'm exactly in your position; Self-taught w/ about 5 years practice on and off. I've started a good few projects, but like you, I've never finished any of them due to lack of motivation. I'm in the United States, so that may be an issue, but if not I'd love to do some collaboration. I can put at least 10 hours a week into it. Let me know if this sounds good!

tremolo24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 09:39:05 pm »
Interesting! I am working on a long-term smallish game project as a hobby, while also having a job in web-development and following education. Maybe in some months I can make some more time to finish my project. It is hard to find developers interested in gamedevelopment  where I live (Netherlands) so maybe we could discuss ideas / projects sometime. If you are interested please pm.

Hyden

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 01:15:51 pm »
Perhaps it would be better if you created a Github project, then you could create a list of what needs done and then let people contribute to it?

killerloader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 04:25:09 pm »
I'm also slightly interested, But as the same time, i may not even be able to help that much.
Currently going to uni in Australia for game programming, and a lot of my time is dedicated to that, but i could probably input something here and there.
I'm no expert either, i only have about 2 years SFML/ C++ practice, and am used to previously using Gamemaker (which i'm trying to replace with C++)

As Hyden said though, Github may be a good idea, considering how many people are interested, and collaboration is a skill i need to get better at.