Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML DOOM  (Read 19838 times)

CleverBoy

• Game on!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SFML DOOM v0.1
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2016, 08:39:53 am »
Thank you so much Johnny and Aster for making the linux 64 bit builds. Wooooohoooo... finally built the game successfully. God bless you all and long live SFML.   

Jonny

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: SFML DOOM
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2017, 03:21:18 am »
Since the last update I've added network play, which works for me on the local network, and works cross-platform (I tested macOS playing with win10)

I've also finally got some music playing out of it! Some interesting results along the way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcf5oMY7iTs
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:00:27 pm by Jonny »

Jonny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 06:23:12 pm »
I've put builds up on github for each of the platforms, so anybody can try them. I'm aware there's still a few bugs, and the OSX build doesn't work right now due to the resource path stuff (working on it...).

I've included the shareware wad, but the music is disabled for that due to the license. If you have any official DOOM or DOOM2 wad then they should work and will be fully featured. Theoretically other doom engine games (hexen?) should work too, although I haven't tested. Also any unofficial wads compatible with vanilla doom should work.

Controller  or kb+m for input. ctrl+f for fullscreen. Shout if you have any issues/feedback

CleverBoy

• Game on!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 11:22:58 pm »
Thanks Jonny for taking the time to do this. This is definitely something I am sure will help anyone who has the curiosity and interest to learn from this epic game... great work..

anything