Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [Windows] Android example build issue  (Read 2464 times)

Turbine

• View Profile
[Windows] Android example build issue
« on: May 01, 2016, 09:27:49 pm »
After following the "Build SFML for Android" guide, which might I add - almost nothing worked as expected.

I've come to the point where I ended up having to change the target from armeabi to armeabi-v7a as the build project was only interested in the v7a's SFML module files.

Now when I try to build the Android example project, I get this message:
D:\projects\sfml\examples\android>ndk-build                                                                                                                                                                                                  [armeabi-v7a] Install        : libsfml-activity.so => libs/armeabi-v7a/libsfml-activity.so                                                                                                                                                   process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, D:/projects/android/ndk/build//../toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-strip --strip-unneeded ./libs/armeabi-v7a/libsfml-activity.so, ...) failed.      make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.                                                                                                                                                                                       make: *** [libs/armeabi-v7a/libsfml-activity.so] Error 2                                                                                                                                                                                     make: *** Deleting file `libs/armeabi-v7a/libsfml-activity.so'

It does seem to have an empty libs directory. Note the libs directory is in the example directory, not SFML modules lib.

Does anyone have any idea what's going wrong? :'(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 09:29:39 pm by Turbine »

Turbine

• View Profile
Re: [Windows] Android example build issue
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 03:45:15 pm »
Does anyone have an alternative way to build the Android example, or an existing form of project file tested to work recently?

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 10:29:40 pm »
Any chance you're using the latest SDK? I think there'll have to be adjustments for it to build with r11. The last I tried it on was 10d or something like that.

Turbine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 05:18:43 am »
Any chance you're using the latest SDK? I think there'll have to be adjustments for it to build with r11. The last I tried it on was 10d or something like that.

You're absolutely correct, I was using the latest version. I wasn't aware about NDK version compatibility.

I've found a place to download old versions: http://pnsurez.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/download-android-ndk-tools.html?m=1
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 03:18:03 pm by Turbine »