Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: iOS Crash  (Read 2581 times)

inzombiak

• View Profile
iOS Crash
« on: May 06, 2016, 06:28:33 pm »
I recently started trying to port my game to iOS. At first I couldn't event get SFML to run (I made a forum post about that issue here http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=20273.0, but I managed to get it to work. Now I've run into an odd issue, my game opens and runs the first time with the following errors:

An internal OpenGL call failed in Texture.cpp (64) : GL_INVALID_ENUM, an unacceptable value has been specified for an enumerated argument
An internal OpenGL call failed in Texture.cpp (556) : GL_INVALID_ENUM, an unacceptable value has been specified for an enumerated argument

These errors are somehow related to the GL context creation but I cant figure out where and how. Even though I get the errors the game runs fine.
After I close the game and open it again the game crashes after loading and starts printing these errors after the first two:

An internal OpenGL call failed in RenderTarget.cpp (98) : GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION, the object bound to FRAMEBUFFER_BINDING is not "framebuffer complete"
An internal OpenGL call failed in RenderTarget.cpp (278) : GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION, the object bound to FRAMEBUFFER_BINDING is not "framebuffer complete"

After this the RenderTarget.cpp (278) error is repeated. After I terminate the program, my phone becomes unresponsive and I need to restart it, if I dont it starts to get very very hot and I can't run the program again.

I should note that the game works fine on PC and Mac. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I've tracked down the first known OpenGL issues, it occurs the instant a sf::Context is created and arises in GlContext::initalize()

void GlContext::initialize()
{
    // Activate the context
    setActive(true);

// Retrieve the context version number
    int majorVersion = 0;
    int minorVersion = 0;

// Try the new way first
    glGetIntegerv(GL_MAJOR_VERSION, &majorVersion);
    glGetIntegerv(GL_MINOR_VERSION, &minorVersion);

if (glGetError() != GL_INVALID_ENUM)
    {
        m_settings.majorVersion = static_cast<unsigned int>(majorVersion);
        m_settings.minorVersion = static_cast<unsigned int>(minorVersion);
    }
    else
    {
        // Try the old way
        const GLubyte* version = glGetString(GL_VERSION);
        if (version)
        {
            // The beginning of the returned string is "major.minor" (this is standard)
            m_settings.majorVersion = version[0] - '0';
            m_settings.minorVersion = version[2] - '0';
        }
        else
        {
            // Can't get the version number, assume 1.1
            m_settings.majorVersion = 1;
            m_settings.minorVersion = 1;
        }
    }

// 3.0 contexts only deprecate features, but do not remove them yet
    // 3.1 contexts remove features if ARB_compatibility is not present
    // 3.2+ contexts remove features only if a core profile is requested

// If the context was created with wglCreateContext, it is guaranteed to be compatibility.
    // If a 3.0 context was created with wglCreateContextAttribsARB, it is guaranteed to be compatibility.
    // If a 3.1 context was created with wglCreateContextAttribsARB, the compatibility flag
    // is set only if ARB_compatibility is present
    // If a 3.2+ context was created with wglCreateContextAttribsARB, the compatibility flag
    // would have been set correctly already depending on whether ARB_create_context_profile is supported.

// If the user requests a 3.0 context, it will be a compatibility context regardless of the requested profile.
    // If the user requests a 3.1 context and its creation was successful, the specification
    // states that it will not be a compatibility profile context regardless of the requested
    // profile unless ARB_compatibility is present.

m_settings.attributeFlags = ContextSettings::Default;

if (m_settings.majorVersion >= 3)
    {
        // Retrieve the context flags
        int flags = 0;
        glGetIntegerv(GL_CONTEXT_FLAGS, &flags);

if (flags & GL_CONTEXT_FLAG_DEBUG_BIT)
            m_settings.attributeFlags |= ContextSettings::Debug;

if ((m_settings.majorVersion == 3) && (m_settings.minorVersion == 1))
        {
            m_settings.attributeFlags |= ContextSettings::Core;

glGetStringiFuncType glGetStringiFunc = reinterpret_cast<glGetStringiFuncType>(getFunction("glGetStringi"));

if (glGetStringiFunc)
            {
                int numExtensions = 0;
                glGetIntegerv(GL_NUM_EXTENSIONS, &numExtensions);

for (unsigned int i = 0; i < static_cast<unsigned int>(numExtensions); ++i)
                {
                    const char* extensionString = reinterpret_cast<const char*>(glGetStringiFunc(GL_EXTENSIONS, i));

if (std::strstr(extensionString, "GL_ARB_compatibility"))
                    {
                        m_settings.attributeFlags &= ~static_cast<Uint32>(ContextSettings::Core);
                        break;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        else if ((m_settings.majorVersion > 3) || (m_settings.minorVersion >= 2))
        {
            // Retrieve the context profile
            int profile = 0;
            glGetIntegerv(GL_CONTEXT_PROFILE_MASK, &profile);

if (profile & GL_CONTEXT_CORE_PROFILE_BIT)
                m_settings.attributeFlags |= ContextSettings::Core;
        }
    }

// Enable antialiasing if needed
    if (m_settings.antialiasingLevel > 0)
        glEnable(GL_MULTISAMPLE);
}

The issues I've tracked down are:
1.  glGetIntegerv(GL_MAJOR_VERSION, &majorVersion) and glGetIntegerv(GL_MINOR_VERSION, &minorVersion) set the values to 0, which means glGetString(GL_VERSION) is called
and the value received is "OpenGL ES 2.0 Apple A9 GPU - 77.14" and the proceeding operations set the major and minor versions to 31 and 53 respectively.
2. glGetIntegerv(GL_CONTEXT_FLAGS, &flags) returns the error GL_INVALID_ENUM.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:04:08 pm by inzombiak »

anything