Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [MAC][Linux?]I published an SFML applet: ToneBoards  (Read 17843 times)

kipbits

• View Profile
Re: [MAC][Linux?]I published an SFML applet: ToneBoards
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2020, 04:38:08 am »
Hey all, Update Here(done with the cryptocoins btw):

I recently found some time, in 3.5 years since first publishing my app on the Mac Appstore, to fix the sound files for ToneBoards. For those interested, you can now download the new tones on github. Install by dragging and dropping the contents of the TONESv15 into your toneboards app package TONESv10 folder (sorry, I'm on limited time, and can't make it fancy).

...I still plan to port to linux(recently been playing with MX Linux) although stuff just keeps getting in the way. Anyway, I thought I'd share these before I forgot about them. These new sounds are designed to play better on small laptop speakers, especially the base notes! Maybe I'll provide an explanation of how I made them later.

...It's a shame that during the apple dev publishing process, I lost some commented-out code, which could perhaps help me in porting to linux. Perhaps it was my fault, although I just haven't brought myself to research and rewrite it yet(Also, I'm still looking for a solution to my problem finger).

...And sorry no demo for the moment(I can't spare my browser tabs right now, and quicktime + toneboards seam to kick it over the edge. Just wanted to post this before I forget.

I really would like to port this to Linux, though I'm kind of sad that there are no linux distros that support Miller Columns, and Firefox's bookmark system is all screwed up... Also, definitely still sucks that the doctors refuse to fix my finger(healthcare is too expensive anyway, it's probably better it just stays broken).

...I guess I can at least post some wikipedia links to the basics concepts underpinning my sound-files tweaking:
Ramp function
Harmonic series
Basel problem
Sigmoid function/Logistic function

...also I found some notes; they could perhaps be useful to someone:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:21:51 pm by kipbits »

kipbits

• View Profile
Re: [MAC][Linux?]I published an SFML applet: ToneBoards
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2020, 11:33:14 pm »
I had a little time, and made a quick demos: See Attachment Below

...I still want to port to Linux(though not sure when it will happen).

...maybe I should just ploop down my code for the update here for all to use(won't do any good hidden away):
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 09:21:19 pm by kipbits »

anything