Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [VB.NET] Mouse events for custom drawn gfx controls.  (Read 9325 times)

Recoil

• View Profile
Re: [VB.NET] Mouse events for custom drawn gfx controls.
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 10:48:26 pm »
When I do the steps in the order on my previous post, RaiseEvent is not even needed.  I am just passing the command through to the method of the button's instance.  This is how I have been doing it.  This is just very tedious to setup each control in this manner.

However, this is also where I have been having issues with the events not firing correctly, and when the mouse leaves a control to quickly it will remain highlighted.  So then I have to setup a bunch of additional checks to toggle the boolean values for all the controls mouse methods.

For clarification: TGUI for C#

While I had a lot of issues trying to use TGUI, his library has the functionality that I am referring to.  When you create an instance of a control, there is not sending pointers through to them, they just work.  No tedious setup required.

I have tried porting his project to VB to make better sense of it, but I cannot inherit in a class twice like is done in C#.  It has been a couple months since I have tried, so I cannot remember all the reasons that I had issues porting that library.  That being said, there are several things being done that I have never run across reading C# code, and will also not convert properly.

So that is where I am at in a nutshell.  This project has had a lot of thought into how it is "supposed" to work, but due to my lack of development experience, I have been lost on making it work properly.  The whole point of this thread wasn't to get code to fix it, but to get some ideas if what I am looking up have the ability to provide the correct functionality.  I'm just lost on what is the "correct" way  ;)

Edit: I messaged the dev for TGUI and got a different perspective on how I can go about achieving what I have been attempting to do with my current setup.  Hopefully once I get this thing somewhat working, I can post it so it may help others who want to use it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 04:36:03 am by Recoil »