Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Noob having problems...  (Read 1374 times)

Keeley

• View Profile
Noob having problems...
« on: January 20, 2010, 06:46:53 am »
Hey guys, this is my first time using SFML and I wanna try it because I've heard many good things about it and all, but I ran into some problems... I followed the tutorial for MSVC (2008 is the version I use) and I linked everything correct I think and put my .dll's where they need to be and when I compile MSVC says it cannot open "<SFML/system.hpp>" and I look at the .hpp that came from the SDK and I could only find "system.hpp" so obvoiously I couldn't name it to SFML/system.hpp because of the "/" so I renamed it to system.hpp instead on the code (from the tutorial) and then it says it cannot find SFML/config.lib because its called config.lib, and SFML/config isn't even in my code... so what should I do?

Thanks to anyone that can help I really appreciate it!

EDIT: I think I found out why.. apperently your supposed to copy over the folder "SMFL" with all the libs and such... It says so in the tutorial... I dunno yet I have to sleep but I bet thats the problem...nice first post and thread eh... wow I'm such a noob... took me all day just to figure that out -_-

Walker

• View Profile
Noob having problems...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:51:37 am »
Yes, you worked out the problem I do believe.

It explains where to put each folder/files in the tutorial.

Copy the SFML development files to your Visual Studio installation directory

* Copy SFML-x.y\include\SFML to the VC\include directory of your Visual Studio installation (so that you obtain VC\include\SFML)
    * Copy the *.lib files in SFML-x.y\lib\vc2005 (or SFML-x.y\lib\vc2008 if you're using Visual C++ 2008) to the VC\lib directory of your Visual Studio installation

Should work after that. Have fun!

anything