Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Confused about Fullscreen with views  (Read 1465 times)

OmaManfred

• View Profile
    • Email
Confused about Fullscreen with views
« on: December 07, 2016, 01:55:30 am »
Hello everyone,

I've been using SFML now for around a week and still didn't figure out how to properly fullscreen and can't find anything about it online. I am probably just stupid and missing something obvious, but I just can't manage to fullscreen without a stretched display of everything.

So I create my videoMode, set it's size to 1920, 1080, bbp to 32, and it always just stretches everything, even in default view (not fullscreen)

Am I understanding something wrong? When I have 800x800 as ´Window Size, it should create a window with 800 pixel width and height. When I create one with 1920 pixels width, pixel 800 (or any pixel), should be still on the same spot, it is one pixel. I just do not understand how the sprite is being stretched, as if I would somewhere say, hey render the game at 1:1 ratio and stretch it to 1920x1080.

I tried to add a view, but no matter what I set as the size there, it stays stretched..
I am just looking for a way where I can have fullscreen, and 400 pixels width are in fact 400 pixels in width, so that it has the right proportions.

Thanks a lot in advance!

OmaManfred

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Confused about Fullscreen with views
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 02:02:09 am »
Urgh, nevermind.. As always.. 5 seconds after posting an online question, you find the issue yourself.

In this case, I myself was the idiot.. I overwrote the view size deep in my gameInstance class myself every tick for debugging reasons a few days back.. forgott to remove it.

anything