Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: My First 4 SFML Games!  (Read 3611 times)

DdR_Dan

• View Profile
My First 4 SFML Games!
« on: February 06, 2010, 06:19:54 pm »
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ifvadkQKrU

Game information: (copied from the video description)
Please don't copy any of my ideas without my permission.

These were the projects I made in my first week using SFML, so of course there are things I hadn't learned about yet. All of these games are pretty much unfinished; there are many things I would add or change if I still feel like working on these games.

Mass Point:
Yes, I came up with the title during a Probability class when we were talking about (guess what!)... The game currently has 9 levels, each with 4 (5 if you count training) speeds. There are 3 ratings (one to pass, one for skilled clear, and one for epic clear) based on least number of spacebar presses. When you press space, the ball moves towards your cursor. You have to get the ball to the exit without it hitting the walls. I have many ideas of things to add but won't mention them here.

Double Pong:
Pong with two paddles per player and two balls. A point is awarded when the first ball crosses either edge of the screen. First to 4 wins. Simple, eh? There's a 2 player version and a vs cpu version (the cpu only moves at half speed to make the game fair).

Triple Beat: (not certain that this is the name I like)
Basically a game like DDR/Beatmania but with 3 screens. By pressing a button you can switch left and right between screens to hit notes in other screens. The screen you are currently on has a yellow border.
Where to start with the changes I would make here..? A score system. I just threw something together so there would be a score, but I don't like how it works. Music, of course. Perhaps an editor mode that makes it easier to design the charts. Better display... etc, etc...

Drive:
This was a remake of a calculator game, but this version just doesn't have the magic the calculator version did. Pressing left or right turns your square (I'd definitely change it to a snake-like line as in the calculator version) 45 degrees counterclockwise or clockwise, respectively. Up and down change your speed, and the goal is to reach the finish in the fastest time.

phear-

• MSN Messenger - LOApokalypse@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://gtproductions.org
My First 4 SFML Games!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 09:04:18 pm »
Pretty cool games, are you gonna release them at all? I think the "triple beat" one has the most potential for a full fledged game. A few things I think would be cool to add in triple beat:
- Trippy animated background that plays behind the 3 bars
- Fast music (like hardcore/happy hardcore dance music)
- Bigger bars that have a lot more colors to them, and centered on the screen
- I dont know how your scoring is but something along the lines of DDR
- Keys: I dont know which keys you use but I think if you use the arrows and put them on the lines instead of the little bars in like a DDR fashion it would be pretty cool as well
Eugene Alfonso
GTP | Twitter