Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFGUI (old thread)  (Read 78555 times)

Trass3r

• View Profile
SFGUI (old thread)
« on: February 07, 2010, 05:47:03 pm »
I really wonder why there is not already a topic about SFGUI. It's a very promising and useful SFML project providing a nice GUI framework.

The official site is at: http://dev.boxbox.org/projects/sfgui

The german thread about it can be found there: http://forum.sfml-dev.de/index.php/topic,127.0.html

Seems like he's currently waiting for sf::String (SFML2) to get more methods for inserting characters and so on for use in sfg::Editbox.

pdusen

• View Profile
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 06:02:30 pm »
I don't really see that there's much to discuss... There's no download link for library or code, no documentation, no real screenshots. All we have is a list of features, a link to a website that isn't up yet, and tiny screenshots that are fairly hard to make out.

Of course, I'd be interested to see this project in action, but there really isn't a lot to go on right now.

Trass3r

• View Profile
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 06:59:04 pm »
Code is here: git://boxbox.org/git/sfgui2

And Videos are here: http://www.youtube.com/TheTankOs

panithadrum

• View Profile
    • Skyrpex@Github
    • Email
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 07:01:14 pm »
I can't download it

Trass3r

• View Profile
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 07:04:09 pm »
Come on, you see it's "git://"!
You need a git client.

Mr. X

• View Profile
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 07:03:52 pm »
Maybe Tank (who created this lib) is not happy to see a downloadlink published here.
sfgui has not been released officially by him.

K-Bal

• View Profile
    • pencilcase.bandcamp.com
    • Email
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 07:41:49 pm »
Yes, it is still work in progress  :roll:  But you can be sure that it is a very great lib.
Listen to my band: pencilcase.bandcamp.com

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 05:11:55 pm »
Ahhhh. :) Of course there's a reason why SFGUI hasn't been announced yet: It's not finished and doesn't compile currently at all.

It's okay to spread the word about it (so I'm fine with this thread, Trass3r), but I highly encourage everybody NOT to use it nor to extend it. There're a lot of todo entries on my side, and like it was said before, I need to wait until SFML 2 reaches a proper state to be able to continue SFGUI.

So yes, SFGUI is in development, and you can follow it on GitHub, but don't expect to get a fully working library yet. When the time is right and I feel the library is stable and well-designed (still a lot of glitches here and there), I'll of course announce it here.

Whatever, thanks for the flowers, Trass3r. ;)

Trass3r

• View Profile
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 11:26:26 am »
Seems like Laurent added some of the things you need (inserting and finding chars in sf::String) :wink:

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 03:36:57 pm »
Yes, indeed. The editbox was the smallest problem the last days. SFGUI got rather huge updates that need to be tested for stability. I'm also currently writing documentation for it... So you can except to see it available to the public in a couple of time.

The Git repository is always synchronized with my local copy. So if you feel like testing the library in its current state, then do it. :) However the Visual Studio project files are usually not up-to-date, since I'm developing on Linux.

Thanks for your interest so far.

Edit: Btw, before I forget this: If there are any talented skin designers out there, please please contact me. I'm pissed off using developer art. ;)

panithadrum

• View Profile
    • Skyrpex@Github
    • Email
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 05:06:12 pm »
Any news, Tank?

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 08:30:36 am »
Well, yes. :) Since sf::Rect's interface has been completely changed, there's again a lot of work to do to make SFGUI compile with the latest SFML2 trunk. I guess this is a drawback when using a development version for a library on top of it.

However, the documentation for SFGUI is almost complete and no more features are being added for the first release (freeze). I'm still looking at the code to make it better in some places, but on the whole it looks good already.

So, after I've made the sf::Rect changes to the library, I'll finish the last pages of documentation and will then hopefully be able to give this beast out to you guys. ;)

Thank you for your interest.

Ceylo

• View Profile
    • http://sfemovie.yalir.org/
    • Email
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 05:50:09 pm »
Hi there,

@Tank, what's up with the documentation and the download link ? :-°
The features list look interesting but I'd like to see the documentation and source code to make my own opinion.

Do you have any release date ?

Thanks,
Ceylo
Want to play movies in your SFML application? Check out sfeMovie!

dunce

• View Profile
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 04:47:37 am »
I'd like to see the documentation and source code to make my own opinion

Googling gives the following source location: http://github.com/TankOs/SFGUI. Press the button [Download source] and get the code (rather dated though). As for docs, - doxygen is our friend for ever.  :)

Ceylo

• View Profile
    • http://sfemovie.yalir.org/
    • Email
SFGUI (old thread)
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 06:15:50 am »
Thanks you very much dunce!

I had a look at the sources and I'm.. stunned. It's very clean, allows simple use, can support different skins, and has all the basic essential widgets. Just looks great (I didn't test it though).

In other words, the GUI library I've always dreamed to do, without succeeding in doing so. Great, really.

Congratulations to Tank !

I'm now really looking forward to downloading and using the first official release :) .

PS: hum.. I tried to build SFUI but...  I get this :
Code: [Select]
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-std=c++0x"
I actually didn't even know this standard was already supported (as of GCC 4.3 as I read, but I'm using GCC 4.2 :/). I'll have to update..
Anyway there is no SFML 2.0 support for Mac OS X right now, so I'll test it on Windows.

Edit: I'm wondering... Tank, do you plan to make an interface editor ? If not, I'mma try to do one, that'll be my contribution (besides you already support interface loading from files, so it'll be easier).
Want to play movies in your SFML application? Check out sfeMovie!