Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Tile-based shooter  (Read 1993 times)

bacondude95

• View Profile
Tile-based shooter
« on: February 22, 2017, 02:45:20 am »
I've been working on this project for a while and whenever I have time. It uses SFML, Thor, TGUI, and Sol2. The planned design is a top-down Doom-like shooter. There will be pickups that grant temporary boosts, a variety of weapons, a wide range of enemies with differing difficulties, and levels with the sole goal of finding the exit. Entity types are defined in Lua and stores the information such as what components it has (drawable? position? collision? etc). I got this idea from Elias Daler. Right now the component system is very simplistic but soon I will start adding more specific features such as projectile, health, light emitter, etc. I am also using a map editor to create maps and continue to add features to that as well. Using the editor and ability to load entities through Lua files will provide strong grounds for the ultimate modding experience.

To do:
  • Add more components to fit targeted gameplay.
  • Add conditional features to maps. Ex: Player needs Red Key to go through Red Tile.
  • Add dynamic lights which can change how the game is played in certain situations.
  • Add multi-player support for co-op runs and possibly competitive arena-like gamemodes

Right now the textures are placeholders so it does not look so spectacular but this is what it looks like:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:08:43 am by bacondude95 »