Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Is there anything I need to know before migrating my project to SFML 2.4.2?  (Read 4500 times)

codecodecode

• View Profile
Are you sure I meant to write that? As soon as I logged back in, I got an error message how that isn't a valid path (yes, I did change 'your_executable' to the name of my executable) and how the environment variables aren't configured properly and I should fix that as soon as feasible. Tried to copy the message, but for some reason the copy buffer was emptied after that.

When I recompiled the program and tried to run the debug version from the console, I got this message:
The program 'speccer' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)'.
  (Details: serial 52 error_code 10 request_code 2 minor_code 0)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

Or should I have written the absolute path to the executable instead of just the executable name?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
As soon as I logged back in
You don't have to log out and in again, it's not a persistent modification. When you declare an environment variable with "export" it is only valid in the current terminal as long as it is open.

As soon as I logged back in, I got an error message how that isn't a valid path (yes, I did change 'your_executable' to the name of my executable) and how the environment variables aren't configured properly
You most likely did something wrong. Did you do it differently (i.e. different than writing directly the command line in a terminal)?

Or should I have written the absolute path to the executable instead of just the executable name?
Nop. I assume that you write that command in the directory that contains your executable.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

codecodecode

• View Profile
Did you do it differently (i.e. different than writing directly the command line in a terminal)?
Yes, I assumed you meant to write it in that file again. Removed any modifications and relogged so that the behaviour is now same as before.

When now I execute that from the command line in the folder of the executable, I still get the same behaviour as if I've written it in the file - no reaction when clicking the button in Release (the button is meant to open the SFML window), and the following error message in Debug:
(click to show/hide)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Yes, I assumed you meant to write it in that file again
I have no idea what "that file" refers to, I've never mentioned any file before :D

I don't know what's wrong, but I'm pretty sure it is something in your environment. SFML works fine on Linux, we've never heard of such errors before.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything