Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Adding character menu to my game  (Read 849 times)

n00boxular

• View Profile
Adding character menu to my game
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:21:19 pm »
Hi,

I've been using OpenCV and SFML for my game. So far, I've implemented a state machine, I have working menus and such. It's been a great learning experience. Other people are working with OpenCV for the actual game itself.

One of the things I need to do it is to implement a "Add a character" option from the main menu. It seems fairly straight forward.

For this task I want the user to enter in a couple of details about a character in separate text boxes, for example:

Name:
Current Illnesses:

Once these are entered, the user clicks submit and the character is added to a list.
On the same screen I want the scroll-able list of characters already added, selecting one and clicking edit, would should the character's stats in the text boxes where the user can edit them and save.

So three textboxes, three buttons (Submit, save, edit) and one list. Should I be using one of the gui libraries like TGUI or would something else be better(easier) for this?

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
Re: Adding character menu to my game
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 01:55:51 am »
Unless you want to create your own GUI, it makes sense to instead make use of already-existing GUI libraries.
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*