Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: BreakOut Invaders! a.k.a. "Copyright infringment!"  (Read 3898 times)

Walker

• View Profile
BreakOut Invaders! a.k.a. "Copyright infringment!"
« on: March 02, 2010, 11:48:16 am »
Hey! Listen! Look!

Just thought I would share my most recent project with everyone.

It is called 'BreakOut Invaders', and as you can probably guess it's a game somewhere between breakout and space invaders.

Features:
    36 unique human screams*
    Innovative "gameplay"
    "Unique" control system
    A "storyline"

The welcome screen.

Game over. I lost.

Please, download it and have a turn. It's only a 1.5MB download.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?2oezzeiekyn

If anyone is /really/ interested, I can probably send you some source code, though I don't know how educational my mess will be.

Cheers!

*Derived from three recordings

EDIT: Should probably mention that this was made entirely using SFML in C++ with Code::Blocks. All sounds/music/artwork is/are made by me except the screams, I had a friend record them for me.

EDIT EDIT: I know people have downloaded it. Stop hiding, lol.
Small updates: Can now use S and D (should be AZERTY-friendly?) to control the ship, as well as the arrows.
Also the the credits don't roll anymore when you choose to replay (If anyone WANTS to play it more than once  :lol: )
Link updated.

model76

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 11:26:52 am »
Nice job combining 2 classic concepts! Good humor, too!
Just my kind of game.

Are you going to continue working on the concept? Because this feels like a well done prototype, exposing its strengths and problem areas nicely. Good job!

Walker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 11:56:44 am »
I wasn't really thinking of continuing it just yet, I'm isolating myself from it for a few days before I start thinking about that (I did the whole thing in the last 4, pretty much the only thing I've been thinking about), but it's a definite possibility. Your words are encouraging too, lol. :)

Thanks for checking it out