Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: how about primitives?  (Read 7851 times)

Mad_Ninja

• View Profile
how about primitives?
« on: December 03, 2007, 12:21:33 am »
is there any simple way to draw lines and circles? or do I have to use other graphic packages to do that?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
how about primitives?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 02:38:41 am »
There is currently no way to draw simple primitives, but it will be added soon.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Baron Pi

• View Profile
how about primitives?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 12:36:49 pm »
I'm thinking about using SFML in my thesis work which is about to take place soon, but it is quite vital to be able to draw primitives. . . Laurent is it possible for you to say how soon the primitives support will be added?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
how about primitives?
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 05:03:23 pm »
I already started to implement it, I'll try to finish it as soon as possible.

Baron Pi

• View Profile
how about primitives?
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 03:18:57 pm »
I'm just curious of how the work of the primitives is progressing (have been looking at that 50% on the roadmap every day :)   )

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
how about primitives?
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 03:58:54 pm »
It's actually in standby right now, but I'll try to finish it as it could be done quickly. Thanks for reminding me ;)

Kingdom of Fish

• View Profile
how about primitives?
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 02:05:01 am »
Is there no way to render cairo content to sfml? (well i'm sure there is some way... but i mean a easy 2-5 line way)

Baron Pi

• View Profile
how about primitives?
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 01:07:26 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"
It's actually in standby right now, but I'll try to finish it as it could be done quickly. Thanks for reminding me ;)

Great! Looking forward to it.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
how about primitives?
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »
The first implementation of primitive drawing has been added, you can play with the sf::Shape class if you want to test.

Please note that it only handles convex shapes for now.

dabo

• View Profile
    • http://www.dabostudios.net
how about primitives?
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 04:47:54 pm »
The first implementation of primitive drawing has been added, you can play with the sf::Shape class if you want to test.

Great news.

Baron Pi

• View Profile
how about primitives?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 02:58:39 pm »
Yes, really great news! I'll try it out as soon as possible.

Baron Pi

• View Profile
how about primitives?
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 01:17:49 pm »

I'm trying out the new sf::Shape functionality and have downloaded the full SDK 1.2. Next thing is to download the needed files for Shape as they aren't not included in the SDK download, right? I have some problem however, as I don't know what files need to be replaced... Right now I've replaced/added Shape.cpp, Shape.hpp, Arial.hpp, Font.hpp, FontLoader.cpp, FontLoader.hpp and the graphics vcproj-file... Right now it complains about the fontmanager... Is there and easy way to bring my project up to date if i just want to add the Shape functionality? Can you specify what files I need to replace/add? :)

--
String.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: struct sf::priv::FontManager::Font const & __thiscall sf::priv::FontManager::GetBitmapFont(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,unsigned int,class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> >)" (?GetBitmapFont@FontManager@priv@sf@@QAEABUFont@123@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@
std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@IV?$basic_string@_WU?$char_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@6@@Z) referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl sf::String::PreloadFont(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,float,class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> >)" (?PreloadFont@String@sf@@SAXABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@MV?$basic_string@
_WU?$char_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@4@@Z)
String.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class sf::priv::FontManager & __cdecl sf::priv::FontManager::GetInstance(void)" (?GetInstance@FontManager@priv@sf@@SAAAV123@XZ) referenced in function "public: static void __cdecl sf::String::PreloadFont(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,float,class std::basic_string<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> >)" (?PreloadFont@String@sf@@SAXABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@MV?$basic_string@_WU?
$char_traits@_W@std@@V?$allocator@_W@2@@4@@Z)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
how about primitives?
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 01:31:53 pm »
You should definitively not do that. Download a SVN client (TortoiseSVN on Windows), and get the whole repository.

To get the sources, go to the sf.net project page, everything is explained (menu "sources") ;)

Baron Pi

• View Profile
how about primitives?
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 03:34:29 pm »
You should definitively not do that. Download a SVN client (TortoiseSVN on Windows), and get the whole repository.

To get the sources, go to the sf.net project page, everything is explained (menu "sources") ;)

Yes of course!
Checked out and built the latest version of SFML and everything works fine :)

Cheers

anything