Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: 3d character  (Read 2584 times)

Voroz

• View Profile
3d character
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:44:44 pm »
Is it possible to add a 3d character to sfml? If so, how? Also if this is possible. Where would i animate a 3d object? Anime studio works for this, or does 3ds max work?

Edit: Also it's probably worth mentioning that i want only the character in 3d, since i tried now to make the opengl test cube, and it worked in a new project, but not in the one that i have other sprites in.

spacechase0

• AOL Instant Messenger - thespacechase0
    • View Profile
    • http://spacechase0.com/
3d character
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 11:20:31 pm »
The full SDK has an OpenGL sample which draws a rotating 3D cube. You could probably borrow code from that, and load the 3D model (I don't know how) and make/find a function to draw it (the uses SFML).

As for animating, I don't know. :P You might try storing the current animation to show (and current "frame"), and then adding a few if statements to check what animation/stage your on. I'm not sure if this works the same in 3D though, so you might want to look on Google (and/or wait for more replies) on how to do that.

Voroz

• View Profile
3d character
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 04:01:54 pm »
Quote from: "spacechase0"
The full SDK has an OpenGL sample which draws a rotating 3D cube. You could probably borrow code from that, and load the 3D model (I don't know how) and make/find a function to draw it (the uses SFML).

As for animating, I don't know. :P You might try storing the current animation to show (and current "frame"), and then adding a few if statements to check what animation/stage your on. I'm not sure if this works the same in 3D though, so you might want to look on Google (and/or wait for more replies) on how to do that.

Yes i might do that, but then i will need to animate walk cycle for every movement direction etc, the best thing would be if it's possible to use a 3d character, and then rotate it etc. Anyone knows if this is possible?

adamcarter4P

• View Profile
3d character
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 07:04:42 pm »
I'm interested in using SFML with Horde3D but I can't find any useful tips where to start. If anybody has anything useful for a beginner, I would appreciate.

anything