Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Music Loop Points  (Read 2644 times)

Tigre Pablito

• View Profile
    • Email
Music Loop Points
« on: March 03, 2018, 10:26:18 pm »
Hello Ladies and Guys

Not so long time ago, I asked if there was a way to play a Music, but from the 2nd loop, to restart it from a certain offset from the beginning (that someone called it "Loop points"). And I remember that I was told that that would be coming with the next version of SFML (or something similar).

I would like to know it it already has been added or when it will be. (for SFML.Net)

I think (and repeat what I already said on that moment) that if the SFML Community members, try to ask for reasonable features (accordind to a multimedia library, that is what SFML is, not a file packer nor an object dropper container and so on ...) and we express ourselves with respect, not questioning Laurent (or whoever it is) by comparing SFML with SDL (like implying that SDL is better (that is NOT)), or saying something like "Laurent, you are hiding some bad code and want to keep it hidden" and that silly stuff (that I read on that moment and remember almost literal), then features that would be really important and really related to a multimedia library (and that are not so easy to develop oneself) would be added faster, and with that, we also might find more features (according) to ask for, and would have more facilities to develop our videogames and or multimedia stuff.

Thanks
Regards
Pablo

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Music Loop Points
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 10:45:16 am »
It was added a long time ago. Not sure if it's in 2.4 or if it will be part of 2.5, and for SFML.Net, things are a little complicated for now but hopefully a few motivated users will update it soon :)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything