Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Combine two or more textures  (Read 875 times)

Jumph96

• View Profile
    • Email
Combine two or more textures
« on: March 23, 2018, 04:24:11 pm »
Hello everybody,
I'm new here, never registered with any forum before so hopefully I'm posting this in the right one, anyway, I'm trying to recreate a basic hotline miami "rip-off", with fewer animations and made up of just a level, I'm starting with the character player, and for the love of god can't find a way to combine multiple numbers of animations, I've been able to find all the graphical assets and I realized that the player and the NPCs are composed of 2 parts the upper body and the legs, which have different sets of animations, the problem with all of this is that I can actually manage to put two animations together (for instance draw the walking animation for the legs and the walking animation for the upper body) but since there are a lot of animations I'm wondering if there's a quicker and more efficient way of combining sets of animations without having to write every single combination in a single class, I was thinking I could create 2 classes (one for the upper body animations and the other for the legs animations) and the create a 3rd class to manage the input from the keyboard (I could pass a single value that corrisponds to the key pressed to the 2 classes and make them draw the corrisponding animations but I'm having some trouble implementing all of this.

any kind of help is appreciated

by the way, I apologize for any possible English mistake
Thank you