Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: error building from svn on xp with python26 and mingw  (Read 4523 times)

pawel

• View Profile
error building from svn on xp with python26 and mingw
« on: March 31, 2010, 03:27:43 pm »
hi,
on xp, with python 2.6 and mingw.

initially installed using the provided "PySFML development files (libraries) | Python 2.6", then put the relevant mingw libs in the pySFML folder as per a forum thread.  happily compiled the tutorial program for opening a window and showing some text but with that seemingly non-unique issue of the default font causing a silly error on program exit.  i picked up that that bug had been fixed on the svn version.  i downloaded the trunk (and started guessing as to what to do) and from within the python directory there-in ran:

> python setup.py build -cmingw32

a whole lot of stuff happened that looked right until:

> [...]
C:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lsfml-graphics
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
error: command 'g++' failed with exit status 1

i've read that something like this problem has been worked around for those with visual c++, that i am not using.  any suggestions for what to do in my case?

many thanks,
p.

Tank

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 05:53:46 pm »
Have you actually built SFML?

pawel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 01:17:13 am »
do you mean have i built sfml before building from the svn?  no.  should i build from the python sdk first as provided on downloads, then re-build from the svn?  please give it to me in point form.  :wink: