Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: (HELP!) I am having problems setting up SFML with Codeblock  (Read 10572 times)

bullno1

• View Profile
(HELP!) I am having problems setting up SFML with Codeblock
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 11:27:22 am »
Shouldn't you change your compiler setting to include SFML's headers instead of copying them?

I don't use Code::Block so I'm not sure but here should be a place where you can add compiler switches. Just add -I<path to SFML headers>

Ahh, you need to add the OpenGL libraries to your linker. In the same place in your IDE where you added the sfml-window.lib sfml-system.lib ect., try adding:

opengl32.lib
glu32.lib

Do this by adding -lopengl32.lib -lglu32.lib to your linker setting page.

Mindiell

• ICQ Messenger - 41484135
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 11:32:16 am »
Quote from: "bullno1"
Shouldn't you change your compiler setting to include SFML's headers instead of copying them?

I don't use Code::Block so I'm not sure but here should be a place where you can add compiler switches. Just add -I<path to SFML headers>

Well, this is a good idea, but he needs to copy the files to the good place (i.e. <path to SFML headers>) before, no ?  :wink:
Mindiell
----

T-Trojan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 08:14:07 pm »
Quote from: "Breakman79"
Ahh, you need to add the OpenGL libraries to your linker.  In the same place in your IDE where you added the sfml-window.lib sfml-system.lib ect., try adding:

opengl32.lib
glu32.lib

Hey do you mind telling me where I can find those .lib files?

I am kinda confused, I can find .a files and .dll (and none of which are 0pengl32 etc. )

Thanks for your replies btw.

Breakman79

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 08:47:28 pm »
Sorry, that's what they're called when using Visual Studio.  For MingW I believe they are libopengl32.a and libglu32.a

T-Trojan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 07:36:06 pm »
Quote from: "Breakman79"
Sorry, that's what they're called when using Visual Studio.  For MingW I believe they are libopengl32.a and libglu32.a

Hey sry for late reply. Yeah I tried the white cube from the tutorial and it looks pretty cool. Thanks for your help.

Now I am thinking... of making a game with white cube "asteroids" and with letters attached to them.... and sort of a space typer shooter ... like one of those online thingies, 3D stuff would act.dfdffdf