Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Build android example: am I doing right?  (Read 1365 times)

Millsialix

Build android example: am I doing right?
« on: July 19, 2018, 07:44:58 pm »
Hi,
I want to develop on android, and for that I followed this tutorial, but I quickly saw that the warning in the beginning was right. I tried ndk-build, then I tried to manually add some parameters, but nothing worked. Right now, I have a problem with the "third_party/sfml" module which is unfindable.

My command (executed with windows 7, in the path "SFML-2.5.0\examples\android\app\src\main\jni"):
ndk-build APP_BUILD_SCRIPT="Android.mk" NDK_APPLICATION_MK="Application.mk" NDK_PROJECT_PATH=.

The result:
Android NDK: Android.mk: Cannot find module with tag 'third_party/sfml' in import path
Android NDK: Are you sure your NDK_MODULE_PATH variable is properly defined ?

Android NDK: The following directories were searched:
Android NDK:
Android.mk:20: *** Android NDK: Aborting.    .  Stop.

I don't know what to insert in NDK_MODULE_PATH, I tried "SFML/lib", "AndroidSDK/ndk-bundle" and some paths I don't remember and nothing worked, it always say "The following directories were searched: [nothing]"

So here is my question: sould I resolve those problems (and how?) or am I doing everything wrong?

Daid

• View Profile
Re: Build android example: am I doing right?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 12:06:08 pm »
That tutorial starts with "Tried with SFML 2.5: Doesn't work anymore".

The change log of 2.5 mentions the build system has changed, but no documentation on the new system is available. Apparently, it's more "normal" now, but that's all I could find so far.

So, you are better off with SFML 2.4.X, until the instructions are updated, or someone else knows how the new system works.