Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Program can't start because sfml-system.dll is missing  (Read 7465 times)

Chuckleluck

• View Profile
Program can't start because sfml-system.dll is missing
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:36:30 pm »
I was following the tutorial for the installation of SFML in CodeBlocks, found here: http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/start-cb.php.  I tried compiling the example project as instructed, and I get this error:
The program can't start because sfml-system.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
I DO have the sfml-system.dll file in my SFML-1.6 folder, which is placed in the CodeBlocks folder, as required.

Can someone please point out to me the problem with this?  I followed the instructions dealing with the Global Compiler Settings, and then I added to the Project Build Options, under Linker Settings > Other Linker Options "-lsfml-system".  I did not add "-lsfml-system-d" or "-s" or "-s-d" anywhere.

julen26

• View Profile
    • http://julen26.blogspot.com
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 11:53:51 pm »
DLL files must be in the same directory of executable or in the system folder of windows

Chuckleluck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 12:58:50 am »
Thanks!  I had a little more trouble because I didn't have libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll, but I just downloaded that and now it works fine!

CodeAmeba

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Program can't start because sfml-system.dll is missing
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 11:38:42 am »
Sorry I know I'm reviving an old post here. So if we wanted to organize our project folder and place all the dll's into one folder, how do we tell our program to search for it in that folder?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Program can't start because sfml-system.dll is missing
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 07:05:06 pm »
You would have to launch your program from a script that first adds that folder to the search paths of the library loader of the OS. This, of course, will be different for each OS.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer